Edge messes up at end of BD on the DVD and it's...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
Cool! Have you noticed this? The Edge keeps playing after Bono stops singing. I kind of wish the song ended right there but then the Edge goes into his usual ending. What do you think?

i like it, it kinda reminds of the remix that good one, of that song... dont know why. but yes, very cool.

------------------
-deathbear

Hard to say if it's a "mess up", but it sure sounds good.

I wish the DVD had an Edge cam-- a camera locked on my man all night long! Bono gets too much screen time on the DVD imo...

Edge also misses one of the harmonics on the "ring those bells" part of I Will Follow.

maybe he didnt mess up or make mistakes...he did that on purpose!
smile.gif

Originally posted by bono-vox:
maybe he didnt mess up or make mistakes...he did that on purpose!
smile.gif

Well i thought he kept playing on purpose too (because i think Bono normally sings "the goal is soul" line one more time)...sounds fine by me!
smile.gif

Originally posted by U2girl:
Well i thought he kept playing on purpose too (because i think Bono normally sings "the goal is soul" line one more time)...sounds fine by me!
smile.gif

I think you'll find that in certain songs (such as at the end BD), there are sections which are supposed to be played until Bono gives the "that'll do it" signal.

Songs that lend themselves to this "technique":
BAD (An obvious one)
Elevation on SNL has a VERY obvious signal to Larry.
The middle of Out of Control (slow part).
There's heaps of 'em.
smile.gif

I'm sure if you check the various Bootlegs, you'll find many different lengths to the "Goal is Soul" section. If you watch the live stuff closely, you'll see numerous "signals" from Bono to the rest of the band, indicating to them to "wrap up the song".

smile.gif

Oh yeah, so to sum up BD on the DVD. Edge almost certainly missed the signal.
smile.gif

------------------
I don't know you, and you don't know the half of it.

[This message has been edited by RufusYoungblood (edited 02-25-2002).]

normally it?s Larry who gives the sign on when to stop. He usually playes this little thing that tells the others to stop.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Back
Top Bottom