Edge falsetto appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Inspired by the Wanderer performance, doesn't Edge just keep getting better and better at this?

I thought the ending of Stuck on ATYCLB was beautiful, and then we got the chorus of Sometimes and "brown eyed girl" bit on A man and a woman and now this.

Here's to more falsetto from him in the future!

he has a good voice but i don't like him singing falsetto in the chorus to COBL, i think it kinda ruins it a bit.

other than that he gets a :up: from me

HelloAngel said:
Absolutely - he has such a beautiful voice :up: :heart:

:up: :up:
I've got last night's performance on a constant loop right now and the reason I do is because of Edge:drool:

we need more lead vocals from the man

EDGE!!!!!!:drool: :drool: He has the best falsetto I've heard in a long time...ahhh, I'm daydreaming about the Wanderer last night...

I still stand by my thoughts that U2 should do more switching around in the future in the studio. Edge on Bass and Adam on Guitar, Bono on Piano, etc. but another thing I want is MORE EDGE LEAD VOCALS. :( Like someone said above, it's a waste!

I maintain that the most talented vocalist in U2 is behind the Gibson Explorer.

I totally agree. Plus, his take on Bono's backup vocals in the Wanderer was fantastic! Meaning the "Oooooh's" at the end of the song. :up: Everything else Edge contributed to the track was perfect as well though. :)

Oh man EDGE was OJN last night! That was such an enjoyable performance! I cannot wait to get it on dvd and watch it over and over and get the audio also. I Agree Edge should do more on vocals!

Windmilllane said:
So everybody is high on Edge's lead-singing.
Okay, which Edge lead-singing song is better:

Numb or Van Diemen's Land?

In terms of singing? Well I don't even think Numb is even singing, so V.D.L. wins by default
In terms of which I like? Numb>V.D.L.>>>>>j00 and that's a fact! In my opinion. :wink:

Windmilllane said:
So everybody is high on Edge's lead-singing.
Okay, which Edge lead-singing song is better:

Numb or Van Diemen's Land?

Seconds. :wink:

Yessss, Edge has a beautiful voice that needs to be given more credit in the future

it would take some attention off Bono and lose some of the critics that bash them for being The Bono Band

Yes...wonderful...but as I mentioned in another thread..I will always hear ..."in the year 2000, in the YEAR 2000" whenever I hear Edge's falsetto!

Love him though...

Great idea for an appreciation thread!

Gotta love Edge's unselfish contributions to U2 over the years - especially his willingness to do so much of the background singing.

GO EDGE - :dancing:

I dont think Edges falsetto does any favours to COBL or SYCMIOYO at all. I mean the best falsettos have always come from Bono and especially on The Fly, which is near perfection. Edge does that bit on the live version of the fly but it aint anywhere near as good as the bono studio falsetto of the fly. I'm not that big a fan of Edges falsetto singing but he has a decent normal singing voice. In fact the falsettos used on HTDAAB and ATYCLB are not very good and spoil some of the songs most notably SYCMIOYO which is ruined by it. COBL live falsetto is bloody awful in my opinion and cringe worthy as it sounds like somebodys got Edges balls trapped in a vice!:wink:

Edge's falsetto :drool:

but really. his voice is beautiful because he's from outerspace and he came to Dublin in a spaceship.

:)

Back
Top Bottom