Edge and Michael Palin....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
I recently ordered Michael Palin's DVD box set of all his travels - and last night I watched the only 1 i'd never actually seen before...Great Railway Journeys. He was travelling across Ireland.

I was just sat there, silently enjoying it...when all of a sudden, 'EBTTRT' began playing underneath Palin's voice. He then said something about Ireland producing many famous names...!"1 of which I had the privilege of being on the same train with, The Edge of U2"!!
:shocked: - this was my reaction! Fantastic I thought, one of my hero's chatting on a small commuter train to another hero of mine!:wink:

Just thought i'd let you know the joy I had for those brief 2 minutes....listening to Edge talkk to Mike about Irish writers and poets.:wink:

Wow, I need to see this, I love Palin's meandering ways, the DVDs will be coming my way:wink:

Ah, money is but a tunnel from which marvellous purchased items may be produced

Trains + U2 = the perfect combination for me!

(If there's one thing I'm more of an enthusiast about than U2, it's railways.)

oh wow, I only just discovered the Palin travel series...one of my Peace Corps friends gave me a bunch of audiobooks and "Himalaya", "Around the World in 80 Days" and "Pole to Pole" were all there, read by the author. I really enjoyed them. He has a sense of humor and a real knack of connecting with people. Very cool that he met my favorite U2 member. :yes:

He truly is a legend. Recently awarded a Lifetime Achievment honour at the Bafta's. Very much deserved. A comedy god with Monty Python....then with his own series 'Ripping Yarns'. Then a legendary role as Ken in 'A Fish called Wanda' - one of the finest comedy films of all time!:drool:

:wink:

Yep...

Great Railway Journeys
Around the world in 80 days
Pole to Pole
Full Circle
Hemingway Adventure
Sahara
Himalaya

All included in this box set - like I say, it's well worth the cash. I love them all!
I have 2 of the books signed too:wink:

I forgot about the Hemingway Adventure! I have to say, he made me interested in an author that I was completely :yawn: about before.

I :heart: Michael Palin! Such a lovely man he is! :)

I saw that series when it was broadcast originally&what a thrill when i saw him sat there talking with Edgy!!!! :ohmy:

I haven't seen it since unfortunately and it never seems to be repeated on the BBC as much as Around the world in 80 days, but there was a repeat about a year back and my friend saw it and i didn't!!!!!!! ARG! :scream: :no:

I have seen that box set which includes the railway trip on the coast of Dublin but it's hardly affordable to me at the moment with all the U2 shows going on! I'd just love to buy it tho'!! :yes:

I saw Himalaya&had waited eagerly for months to see it, since hearing about his next destination some months before filming! I went to try&meet him at Borders in Glasgow, but i didn't get to meet him, since there was about 400 people there! :ohmy:

He had to go as there wasn't the time to meet everyone, but i still managed to get a signed copy the next day as they had told us there might still be some copies left so at least i got a signed book! :D

So, here's hoping i maybe finally meet him after the next series!

LOL - I'll try

I've met him a couple of times - he is really down to earth.

He lives in a modest house and drives around in an old clapped out E reg Mercedes.

btw Ive just gone to amazon and bought the DVD collection

paulc000 said:
LOL - I'll try

I've met him a couple of times - he is really down to earth.

He lives in a modest house and drives around in an old clapped out E reg Mercedes.

btw Ive just gone to amazon and bought the DVD collection

Good man.

Yeah - he seems so nice, like the nicest guy on earth! I'd love to meet him. He's def. my fave of all the pythons...just ahead of JC!:wink:

Thanks for the info Paul! :up:

Yep, def one of the nicest guys ever! The staff at Borders were telling us he's such a nice man he hates to let anyone down and i think he ended up taking ages with people, giving loads of photo opportunities and autographs to those lucky enough to have met him! :love:

Aardvark747 said:
Yep...

Great Railway Journeys
Around the world in 80 days
Pole to Pole
Full Circle
Hemingway Adventure
Sahara
Himalaya

All included in this box set - like I say, it's well worth the cash. I love them all!
I have 2 of the books signed too:wink:

I'd forgotten about Full Circle, I saw that one too :up:

I missed out on the last three though, I'll have to see about getting that box set.

The next time you see him Paul, say hi to him for all of us blue crack addicts :wink:

Back
Top Bottom