Edge and Bono should try more harmony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manu0872

The Fly
There's some songs like Ultraviolet and I think Walk On, on which Edge and Bono sing harmony, and it has a very pleasant effect.
On ultraviolet, the part where they sing "baby baby baby, light my way", is sung in harmony at times, and I really like that. On the album I'm not sure who sings the backup vocal but live it was the Edge as I just verified thanks to Utube.
On Walk on, the live version where at the end they sing the Hallelluwah bit, that has a nice harmony to it too.
Another example is Staring at the sun, though kind of boring in its live acoustic version, the harmony sounds nice on the chorus.

I love the "Staring at the Sun" from Sarajevo. With Bono's voice being shot and you can really hear Edge harmony.

They do work well together.

Is it both of them on "brown eyed girl across the street..." bit in A man and a woman ? There is almost a whisper, and very high falsetto (Edge?)...

Agreed, their voices work really well together. Also live NYD in the chorus when Bono sings and Edge joins in with the bird-like cries. Also towards the end of Seconds. I am convinced Edge is singing "love, we shine like a burning star" falsetto in The Fly on the album.

Definitely. Bono and The Edge are great when they make vocal harmony in concert. It's a pity they don't do that more often, instead of only having The Edge making simple backing vocals.

the tourist said:
I'm all for more Edge vocals anywhere and everywhere.

I agree entirely.

He needs to do another Captive, but this time with vocals.

I agree completely with more Edge vocals. I think if U2 want to become interesting again, that's a great way to get there.

Axver said:

I agree entirely.

He needs to do another Captive, but this time with vocals.

I think you're the only one here besides me who would love that.... If not, you're the only one who's ever stated they agree with me! (side note, I listened to In Absentia today for the first time and like it better than Deadwing)

Edge's voice now reminds me of Bono's from the late 80s and early 90s when he's singing "clean."

yes.vocal harmony between Edge and Bono is usually great at concerts but WGRYWH live on Zoo TV... I think that's example when it doesn't work, I think Edge destroyed the chorus with singing along with Bono, they both sing very different during that part "Who's gonna riiide your wild horsees..." and it doesn't sound good to me..

xaviMF22 said:

Edge does it live

but on the record its Bono

Bono's fat woman singing :drool: :drool:
wow, i actually had a very long discussion with my friend about this. we sat in his room and played that part of the song over and over for seriously about 13 minutes, and we still couldn't figure out who it was, because if you imagine it's bono, then it sounds like bono, but if you envision the edge singing it, then you're totally convinced it's him. i personally thought was Edge until this very moment. wow.

Totally Bono. But if Edge had sung it, it'd probably sound exactly the same. :wink:

the tourist said:
Edge's voice now reminds me of Bono's from the late 80s and early 90s when he's singing "clean."

edge is a great singer and has similar tone to Bono but his voice is airier and isnt nearly as big and bold as bono's

As for harmonies I am interested

Does anyone know which on of them sings the amazing falsetto backing vocals in A Man and A Woman the brown eyed girl across the street part?

Jdelbove said:

Does anyone know which on of them sings the amazing falsetto backing vocals in A Man and A Woman the brown eyed girl across the street part?

Its the Edge

don't let the bastards tell you its Bono :wink:

Jdelbove said:

It's gotta be Edge.... I wonder if Bono could hit notes that high that cleanly.

Back
Top Bottom