Edge a stingy tipper!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a two dollar tip for two drinks isn't unreasonable. I don't see why bartenders complain, they make tons of under the table/tax hidden money.

the melon drink gets an F though.

I bet it was fake edge.

mysterious_jen said:
everyone knows edge and bono rarely carry any cash , mabey the bartender didnt deserve a tip?

That's common knowledge? Oh. My bad. I guess I missed that. Sorry.

mysterious_jen said:
everyone knows edge and bono rarely carry any cash

Well, yeah. They ARE just a couple of musicians, and everyone knows musicians are all starving artists.

I mean, duh!

scottyT said:
a two dollar tip for two drinks isn't unreasonable. I don't see why bartenders complain, they make tons of under the table/tax hidden money.

:eyebrow: Well it depends on where they were, and usually when you get a free round it's courtesy to tip more.

And since when do bartenders make "tons" of under the table money?

asr said:
A memeber of U2 a penny pincher? Tell me it aint so!

Here is a link to excerpts from a book a bartender wrote about serving celebrities:

http://books.google.com/books?id=pV...ts=jVCoYAjtTG&sig=ib4ktdNMiEOhrg8kPBc8cQoIdxQ

I have no idea whether Edge is a good tipper or not, but for some reason this thread reminds me of a story told by Damon Albarn. Seemingly Albarn back in the late '80's, before he became well known, had a job working in some London hotel at which Bono and Edge occasionally put in an appearance, and seemingly, according to Albarn, Bono had the big arrogant rock star attitude, whereas Edge was always very polite.

Re: Re: Edge a stingy tipper!?

financeguy said:

I have no idea whether Edge is a good tipper or not, but for some reason this thread reminds me of a story told by Damon Albarn. Seemingly Albarn back in the late '80's, before he became well known, had a job working in some London hotel at which Bono and Edge occasionally put in an appearance, and seemingly, according to Albarn, Bono had the big arrogant rock star attitude, whereas Edge was always very polite.

I'd read something completely different. Damon used to Bono bash at every chance through the 90's. But, he said after he actually "met" him, he took back everything negative he ever said.

If $2.00 was a stingy tip then how much was the drink? $2.00 is 20% of $10.00. So was the melon martini more than a $10.00 drink? What percentage tip would this guy consider not stingy? And was Edge supposed to tip the guy for the free drinks? I don't go to clubs but is there some kind of expectation that the bartender would get a big tip for buying someone a drink?

Dana

rihannsu said:
I don't go to clubs but is there some kind of expectation that the bartender would get a big tip for buying someone a drink?

Dana

No.

The buy-back usually happens after you've already given loads in tips.

Thoughts floating around as I read this thread:

1. Who cares?
2. Why believe this guy?
3. Why is this guy complaining?
4. Everyone: Bono and The Edge rarely carry cash. You should know this already. If not, absorb this information. Now.

Done?

Good.

phillyfan26 said:

1. Who cares?
2. Why believe this guy?
4. Everyone: Bono and The Edge rarely carry cash. You should know this already. If not, absorb this information. Now.

Done?

Good.

I think it was just Edge's off day.
Inspite of this little "revelation", I still believe U2 are the four nicest people in ALL of entertainment and that includes the film industry. I can tell without even meeting them because they WALK the talk unlike other showbiz "philanthropists."

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:

1. Who cares?
2. Why believe this guy?

Done?

Good.

exactly!! jeez... Was thinking this as well.

c'mon people now really... why are we even discussing it.. :huh:

Last edited:
Since when is a $2 tip for a drink stingy? What, because he's The Edge and can afford it? OK that's cool...so when my broke ass goes to some club I guess I can get in for no cover and get nickel Guinness because I'm poor, right? No? Didn't think so. So STFU.

Back
Top Bottom