Edge $18 million property in Malibu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if there's any "hypocrite" talk coming in, or is that reserved for certain U2 members only?

U2girl said:
I wonder if there's any "hypocrite" talk coming in, or is that reserved for certain U2 members only?

Bono wouldn't be very happy if Edge would stole him the "hypocrite" title:wink:

According to the L.A. Times:

Dave "The Edge" Howell Evans, whose nickname was inspired by his sharp facial features and sharp mind, had purchased a 120-acre parcel in Malibu with a cottage and a creek on it.

The U2 musician, who sings and plays guitars and keyboards, purchased the canyon property for close to $15 million, according to local real estate agents.

david said:
It's not Edge's fault that California property is so ridiculously expensive.

:lol: Seriously. Here in Washington, DC, where a townhouse in Georgetown---a house that's attached to somebody else, has no backyard and no parking, and sits on about 0.2 acres of land---goes for $1-2million, $15-18 million for 50ha with a cottage & creek on it (and probably a nice view!) doesn't sound so bad...

^exactly

Gotta get in the car now and drive down to Malibu and search for it. It's only 30 minutes away. JUST KIDDING!
I would never do such a thing. I respect his privacy.

Hypocrite, in what sense? He's worth between $150 and $200 million. He's allowed to buy property wherever he likes. And I agree, given California real estate prices, this actually sounds like a decent deal.

It's not Edge's responsibility to feed all starving people in the world, nor does he single-handedly have to rebuild every house in New Orleans. He's already doing plenty -- as the auction Saturday night proved.

xaviMF22 said:
that money could have been given to the starving children :tsk:

The hell with the starving children -- he could have given it to me! Bastard. :madspit:

I really struggle to care about the real estate purchases of U2.

Well, unless they're buying land for me. :wink:

Way to Edge! You deserve it!
So did he sell his other home in Malibu?
Accck... just thought of something...
Malibu is fire country. Santa Ana winds.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
The Edge is on fire... OMG it's like mixing gasoline and matches.:ohmy::wink: :lol:

Jeannieco said:
Way to Edge! You deserve it!
So did he sell his other home in Malibu?
Accck... just thought of something...
Malibu is fire country. Santa Ana winds.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
The Edge is on fire... OMG it's like mixing gasoline and matches.:ohmy::wink: :lol:
:ohmy: The Edge could very well be responsible for all of California's fires in the last decade!

I am amused that the property contains a creek. Guess that Pacific Ocean by Malibu just isn't enough for him.

Greedy bastard.

:tsk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom