Early Radio Campaign ? Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camiloj

War Child
OK, I don?t have all the stations and this intial thing is just a small start, but it?s a start. I am influenced to ask you to help push Electrical Storm on TWO stations right now. One is out of need, and the other is because we CAN!

1st one is a station in Connecticut that has the single but doesn?t think there?s a demand to play it. The second station is one that has an ?interactive 8 at 8? and Electrical Storm is ALREADY listed as a song to choose from for requests!!! It?s Star 98.7, home of Jamie and Danny and one of the most influential Adult Top 40 stations on the West Coast.

1st WDAQ: (from U2Log.com)

To all U2 fans, My local radio station here in the states, 98q (WDAQ 98.3 FM Danbury, Connecticut) recently received a copy of Electrical Storm that shipped in a plain brown wrapper. I called to see if they had it and they said they did, but have yet to play it because the station is run by management that hasn't felt the need to air it yet. That's why i am asking as many people as possible to email the station at radio@98q.com

2nd: Star 98.7:

Just click here:

http://www.star987.com/8at8.html

Then click on the link which will launch your email client and send them an email requesting U2?s Electrical Storm.

If you have any other unique situations where a station has ES as a selection or they don?t think there?s an interest in playing it, add it to this thread.

I just got back from Philadelphia, and the DJ there on 100.3 played Electrical Storm twice, and claimed HE was THE FIRST DJ to play the song in the entire country? :confused: Was he full of shit? :shrug:

He was really talking up the song and U2.

I LOVE THE SONG!!!:kiss: :cute: :happy: :love:

Excellent work guys, your song is artistic, beautiful, precious, and rocking at the same time. :up: :up:

I hope the next album will be like this!!

Last edited:
haha, I've been on this for the past couple days actually!

My local station here in Ottawa (106.9 the Bear) has a competition between 2 songs every night at 10pm (Eastern). The first night ES was released (thurs.), they played it against the new Stones single "Don't Stop". U2 won that one by a landslide! (no small thanks to me calling 3 times but little did I know the dj had picked up on this! hahaha!! so they do have caller id! hehe)
Then last night (yes, I'm a loser on a friday night, haha!), they did the same against the new Cranberries single. I'm 99% sure U2 won that, too (hey, it was the ending of Law & Order!!).

The dj is incredibly biaised though - throughout the one hour competition, during pauses of other songs, he'll play snippets of Electrical Storm!! haha!! He's trying to brainwash the public!!! too funny!

There is a no. for long-distance callers but I don't recall...I'lll let you know when I found out though!

I've been in touch with a local radio station here 90.5 WBER, Rochester, NY. At first I was told they would play it as soon as they got it. Today I was told they have it but were told strictly NOT to play it until further notice. DJ couldn't give me a reason why though. Very frustratng...:slant:

Hi Everyone!

Well it looks like U2 is going against the Chilli Pepper's and their new song for the nightly competition (U2 has won the last 2 times and are reigning champs.)

They're only winning by 2 votes but if y'all call now, we can sweep it!
The tel. no. for the radio station (106.9) the Bear here in Ottawa is :

1-800-754-1069

or local at 750-1069

By the way, this goes from 10-11pm Eastern time every night!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

We did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo!!!

U2 is on their way to their local Hall of Fame, too! Woohoo!

We do it all again tomorrow night folks!! :)

It looks like WBER played "Electrical Storm" last night in the First Impressions playlist (also played PG's "The Barry Williams Show", looking forward to that new CD!). BUT, ES hasn't made the regular playlist yet.

I'm checking other local stations too!:p

haha, okay I have no idea if any of you actually partake in this nightly ritual with me but U2 is going for Night number 4....

And they've got stiff, stiff competition tonight: Canada's favourite band, the Tragically Hip and their new single is up against our boys...

The tel.no is 1-800-754-1069...

I fear we may lose this one......:(

One of the Toledo, OH radio stations is already playing Electrical Storm. I'm not sure which one, though, cause I just moved here. So, I can't tell you where their website is. :( But I'll find out.

Hi all!

I need your help! I know this radio station (in Detroit, MI) has a copy of ES because they played it ONCE on Aug. 29 but haven't played it since. :grumpy:

They play other U2 songs so I don't understand why they're not playing the new one.

Please go to the URL below and select "requests" from the drop down menu.

http://www.963detroit.com/contactus.asp

If you want to enter a city that makes you look like you actually live in the metro Detroit area, you can enter any one of these (take your pick!): Detroit, Dearborn, Livonia, Westland, Warren, St. Clair Shores, Troy, Royal Oak, Southfield, Ferndale, Redford, Garden City, Roseville, Sterling Heights, etc.

Thank you sooooooooooo much for your help!!!! :D

OOPS erised I put that I was from Ann Arbor. Was that ok?

Lady, congrats on U2 beating the Hip, who woulda thought that would happen!

Come on everyone lets do the votes, and dont forget to send your email to Star in LA also!! Just click on the links...

ladywithspinninghead said:
they did the same against the new Cranberries single. I'm 99% sure U2 won that, too
what's the name of the new cranberries single? last i heard, (this was several months ago) they'd released "time is ticking out." since singles aren't really released in america anymore, i've been relying on the e-mails the site sends me about their stuff. if you don't know, don't worry, it's not really that important anyway! :D

[/hijack]

To answer your question, no idea what the Cranberries' new song is called....er, something like "I love you" - hahaha, I know that sounds funny but it seems to me it really is as simple and straightforward as that!

Anyhooo, good news folks!!!
U2 won the competition for 5 nights in a row which means they're automatically indicted into the radio station's Hall of Fame and are no longer considered for the competition!
Yeah!!!!!

Last night they took on the new Avril Lavigne song (local talent but I think she's big now)...

Hey U2LA, you know I'm on board for sending out some requests. my local adult top 40/progressive music radio station said that they weren't sure if they could play it yet. Their email is klrr@klrr.com if anyone wants to shoot them a request. they play everything from Bonnie Raitt to Coldplay to James Taylor to the Chili Peppers, and are quite U2 friendly.

drumkeeran said:
It looks like WBER played "Electrical Storm" last night in the First Impressions playlist (also played PG's "The Barry Williams Show", looking forward to that new CD!). BUT, ES hasn't made the regular playlist yet.

I'm checking other local stations too!:p

It looks like it's finally in regular rotation. I managed to win a promo copy of it from them a few days ago. :)

Haven't heard it on any other local stations yet. I've been emailing them but some of those stations scare me!

Back
Top Bottom