Early demo "Alone in the Light" question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr.dae

Acrobat
Hi all,

I got hold of this rare thing. Never ever heard of it...
Does anybody have more info on it ?
Was it a B-side or a never released demo ?

For you to enjoy:

"Alone in the Light"

http://www.you send it.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5C258FCD6AC9CCBD

Cheers,
dr.dae

Reggie Thee Dog said:
This song is from a demo session the group did with Barry Devlin, I think in 1979. This song ain't half bad for a demo and a baby band.

No, Alone In The Light is from the demo session with Dave Freely. The session with Barry Devlin took place on 1 November 1978 and contained the songs released as part of the iTunes rarities package in 2004.

Honestly, Alone In The Light is one of my least favourite of the early demos. Lost On A Silent Planet and The Dream Is Over, however ... :drool:

I like this song, the bridge and solo are pretty good. Could atleast have become a B-side. My least favourites would have to be Tonight & Inside Out

Sorry but I have to chime in, specifically to you KhanadaRhodes, but yes, this song is RARE. According to the other posters, it is a demo that was never released and can only be tracked down on bootlegs. I have been listening to this band for 23 years and I have NEVER heard of this song. Instead of making the original poster feel like they should apologize for not having for it the last ten years like you do, maybe you should just say something like, "Hey, glad you found it. What do you think?" Instead of sounding like some condescending little...

dr dae, would you be so knid as to email me a copy of this song too?

I tried your ysi link and it said file not found.:(

I would really like to hear it too. I really love the early U2 songs and have never heard this one.

Thanks so much. :wink:

jmccuanu2 said:
Sorry but I have to chime in, specifically to you KhanadaRhodes, but yes, this song is RARE. According to the other posters, it is a demo that was never released and can only be tracked down on bootlegs. I have been listening to this band for 23 years and I have NEVER heard of this song. Instead of making the original poster feel like they should apologize for not having for it the last ten years like you do, maybe you should just say something like, "Hey, glad you found it. What do you think?" Instead of sounding like some condescending little...

:wave:

you`re speaking out of my heart....

ahhh...the temper of those young things....:wink:

Jamila said:
dr dae, would you be so knid as to email me a copy of this song too?

I tried your ysi link and it said file not found.:(

I would really like to hear it too. I really love the early U2 songs and have never heard this one.

Thanks so much. :wink:

drop your mail address...

Back
Top Bottom