Dying Sailor to His Shipmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
I have listen to this song alot for the moment, wow. Amazing. Bonos low register is brilliant on this one, also the hmmmmmmmmm's sounds like JT Bono. His voice on this song sound like the sound he had on Wild Irish Rose.

Yes, the constant high registers on How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb sounded a little boring after a while.

Bono on The Joshua Tree sounded great because he explored many different tones and registers to his voice.

why did bono sing so high on HTDAAB maybe because its the current trend in music. If listen to the radio every male singer is trying to sing as high as he can maybe bono wanted to get on board.

But I agree great vocal in Dying sailor song I hope he uses his lower register on the new album he seems very comfortable with it like its no effort to sing in that register but he has to concentrate alot more to sing high u know

I WISH Bono would sing more in his low register, it's amazing. Many songs they play are sung in a key that's too high for him. Sometimes the high register works out, but often it doesn't sound that great. His low register, on the other side, is :drool:

Jdelbove said:
why did bono sing so high on HTDAAB maybe because its the current trend in music. If listen to the radio every male singer is trying to sing as high as he can maybe bono wanted to get on board.

I don't really think it's a trend.:huh: It's always been like that. In fact if you want to talk trends, it's usually the lower registers that come in and out of "style".

I like this for sure. As peterr said, sounds like JT Bono again. I am thinking especially of the 1987-89 performances of streets, with the high to low back to high, grunting, many different registers just in that one song. That really gave streets an indescribable quality. To me, it was transcendent, almost like the performances acutally took you to the sunny Arizona desert with mountains and cactuses and plateaus. I especially like listening to these versions this time of yr, when we in New England are still trying to climb out of winter while NY, DC, Philly are all warming up at a nice clip!

Back
Top Bottom