DVD to CD ripping program?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I just got a new computer and I want to take my U2 Go Home DVD and rip the audio onto a CD so I can listen to it at work. Is there a program out there I can use? Help?

Blah. This says with the trail version you can't burn more than 5 min of audio.

There are other tricks. Look for a "recorder" program on your computer. I think it's part of the Creative sound package. If you have it, you can put the DVD in your computer, play it and record. The player can record what you hear (or other sources of input). It records as .wav files. You will have to break up the songs yourself though (think of it as an old-fashioned tape recorder). You can then either burn the .wav files to CD if you want, or convert them to mp3 and burn.

I use DVD2AVI, it's free, and you can rip the audio into a big .wav file. I used to have a link to a tutorial, how to go from a dvd to a cd with all freeware, but I lost the link...

But anyway once you have the wav file you can split with cd wav editor and you're al set. Good luck.

doctorwho said:
There are other tricks. Look for a "recorder" program on your computer.

I've done this using InterVideo WinDVD Creator that I got with my Plextor PVR. Works like a charm.

CTU2fan said:
I use DVD2AVI, it's free, and you can rip the audio into a big .wav file. I used to have a link to a tutorial, how to go from a dvd to a cd with all freeware, but I lost the link...

Crap, I'm pretty sure I know the tutorial you're talking about and was just using it a couple days ago. Now I can't find it either though.:huh:

Back
Top Bottom