DVD Sold Out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
In the North Shore area of Boston (Beverly, Salem, Danvers, Peabody, Gloucester, etc.) the Best Buy in the Liberty Tree Mall sold out of the DVD!!

Gasp!

I had to get a raincheck. I asked about the special CD and they handed me one without question. Yay!
biggrin.gif
At least I was able to get this item.

One Best Buy person expressed surprise that this item was sold out (non-U2 fan, I'm sure - hmmmph!). However, her coworker, a young lad, stated that "U2 rocks" and wasn't surprised at all. My guess is that they seriously underestimated how popular this DVD will be, especially in the Boston area (like duh... a Boston show sells out in Boston...how odd).

So I must wait. Still, thought I'd tell you all that the DVD appears to be selling well in my area.

Too bad they don't do a DVD for dallas tonight, they might just get my sex doll on film!

ROLL CAMERA!!!
wink.gif

------------------
Proud to be an INFIDEL

Sorry Doctorwho-I live in MA too-if I had an extra-I'd send it to you. I got mine in NH the day it came out-around 10 am-and they only had about 15 left.

I went back yesterday to get the free CD-and they had no DVD's. They didn't have enough copies to satisfy the demand.

And I should put it in the other thread-but your DVD offer-BIG THUMBS UP. My player won't play VCD's-not sure if my computer will either-but someone else should get it anyway
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 11-25-2001).]

Over here in my home town my local MVC store are only getting in 10 copies of the DVD tomorrow (26th, which is the UK release date)
Glad I got mine reserved and I also have the day booked off from work just for the DVD! Did the same when ATYCLB came out too! lol
Oh, and my widescreen TV came yesterday too!

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Oh, don't worry, that's on film all right - why it's all over the 'net. I've never seen someone so "close" to a doll before.

LOL
I'm not at all suprised that it sold out, probably so in other cities as well!

Where can I find the site(s) you are referring to, im sure i would be proud!!

That's on the NET?I've got to see that
eek.gif

Maybe Bono could 'dance and roll around with' your doll, zedge
wink.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
That's on the NET?I've got to see that
eek.gif

Maybe Bono could 'dance and roll around with' your doll, zedge
wink.gif

Nah, he prefers blondes
wink.gif

Originally posted by z edge:
Nah, he prefers blondes
wink.gif

Nope-from what I see, he definitely prefers brunettes
smile.gif

Couldn't you just color your doll's hair
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Nope-from what I see, he definitely prefers brunettes
smile.gif

Couldn't you just color your doll's hair
wink.gif

But then there would be an obvious "controversey"

Originally posted by z edge:
But then there would be an obvious "controversey"

Hmmm-I'll never tell
wink.gif

Do you take this doll everwhere you go-or just to U2 shows-sorry, way too personal
wink.gif

It should have made it into one of their videos-you know, like the pink bunny did in the Stuck video.

------------------

Well yesterday morning coming home from the hospital I noticed people lined up outside best buy in braintree and decided to take a chance... I got shut out on Tuesday completely. Not only did I get the very last DVD, but I was able to get the CD as well!!
smile.gif

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Here in Connecticut, where they have just opened 2 new Best Buys, BOTH were sold out on the very same day that the dvd went on sale.

Well that's it folks... there's just way too many U2 fans in this world! ..Go us!

Still, even though the DVD is sold out, it's a nice feeling, no? I mean, one expects big blockbuster films like "The Mummy Returns" or "Shrek" to have big sales, but how many expected this type of demand for some 20 year old, washed-up has-been band?
wink.gif

Oh, and I was just joking about the doll thing. However, if I do come across it, I'll be sure to let y'all know (cuz I just know z edge is a perv with that doll).
biggrin.gif

All sold out here in New York. I've got one on back order from Best Buy.com.

Oh, that reminds me, the employees at Best Buy are a bunch of freckin' retards!!! Just thought I'd ad that as every time I enter that store, my experience is worse than the time before it. "Idea box," you want something for you idea box? Hire people who don't take the "little bus" to work. Perhaps pay them just a little more and maybe you will have employees who actually give a shit! Oh dear, give everybody raises? We can't do that. Of course you can't and that is why I'd rather stick bamboo under my fingernails than shop at your store.

Uh, yeah. I digress. U2 rules!

Looks like it will be the same story here when it is released tomorrow morning, my local HMV in Limerick just rang me, I tried my luck on friday, they had 2 in stock, but wouldn't sell, it woulda been "illegal"...bastards!
biggrin.gif
So they put my name on a copy, but said they were getting major amounts of interest in it, and the price.......?32!!! Which is like $40+! I nearly dropped! The guy in the store couldn't believe it either, said they musta had something seriously special in it, ah well, I'd buy it anyway, such suckers, but still, bit pissed off with that price.

WOW!! I got one of the last DVD's here... there were still 3 more ... but by the time I went to pay, some girl asked if they had anymore, and the sales people were like "NO, the last 5 were taken in a matter of minutes!"
biggrin.gif
I was one of the last 5 who took it! LOL

But yeah, this is so great, that they are selling so damn fast! WOW!
eek.gif

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 11-25-2001).]

In the North Shore area of Boston (Beverly, Salem, Danvers, Peabody, Gloucester, etc.) the Best Buy in the Liberty Tree Mall sold out of the DVD!!
Was at same Best Buy Saturday...they had a little notice in the DVD section next to the Rattle & Hum DVD that they sold out of Eleveation due to unexpected high demand. But I did get the CD, and went back that night before going to the movies and got an extra CD which will make a friend who lives nowhere near a Best Buy happy.

Originally posted by Hewson:
Was at same Best Buy Saturday...they had a little notice in the DVD section next to the Rattle & Hum DVD that they sold out of Eleveation due to unexpected high demand. But I did get the CD, and went back that night before going to the movies and got an extra CD which will make a friend who lives nowhere near a Best Buy happy.

I was at that Best Buy on Sat. too. Perhaps we saw each other (as we both raced for the DVD's) but didn't know the other.
wink.gif

I got a CD at least - would like another... if I have time I may try to snag another copy.

I was at that Best Buy on Sat. too. Perhaps we saw each other (as we both raced for the DVD's) but didn't know the other.
wink.gif

Actually after seeing DB9's Providence photos on here I might have recognized you, but then again with all the happy holiday shopping going on I wasn't paying too much attention to the customers, just looking to get my U2 fix.
smile.gif

Saturday night at about 8:30 they still had a stack of a couple dozen of the CDs at the desk next to the mall entry...only if you asked did they give you one, so its possible they may still ahve some.

Originally posted by Hewson:
Actually after seeing DB9's Providence photos on here I might have recognized you, but then again with all the happy holiday shopping going on I wasn't paying too much attention to the customers, just looking to get my U2 fix.
smile.gif

Saturday night at about 8:30 they still had a stack of a couple dozen of the CDs at the desk next to the mall entry...only if you asked did they give you one, so its possible they may still ahve some.

That pic I took with Diamond is nasty! LOL! Look at NicaMom's site for more appropriate pictures.
smile.gif

As for the CD, you are correct - only if you asked did you get one. I did and I got one.
biggrin.gif

Sold out all over LA the day it came out, had to have my mom in Miami buy it for me, but then again I also haven't received it yet, so I feel your pain doctor.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Back
Top Bottom