DVD is awesome......Making of is lame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
Ok, the DVD is great. Great directing. U2 took a chance with a young dude and it payed off huge!

However, the making of the DVD was completely lame. The only thing that was cool about it was to see some behind the scenes stuff and to see how in awe the director was. But the DVD creators tried to manufacture some big fight between the TV crew and the U2 roadies. Talk about reaching. Please. Just show the band in some behind the scenes stuff, show the stage being built in a time-lapse sequence and give us some in-depth stuff about the technoligy or something. But don't create some age-old feud between grip crews.

Just my two cents. Anyone else?

Agreed.

It seemed more self-serving than what its intention was, probably.

They should have just put in what fans would want, such as laffs and gaffs and backstage banter, ... and the 5 min musical montage with stage set-up was cool.. but I know what you mean.

It seems lately there's a lot of negativity towards U2. Either the DVD sucks for one reason or an other, or they're sell outs, why they shouldnt play the superbowl blah blah...

I wish we could just enjoy the music and not harbor on the little things.

I love U2 and I love the music. It's what its all about!

smile.gif
Happy U2 Happy !
smile.gif

------------------
These days, days, days run away like horses over the hill...

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

Just because I say something negative about a "making of a DVD" doesn't mean I'm saything something negative about U2. As I stated in my origional post, the DVD is pure birlliance. The band is tip-top. Bono is great. The direction is superb. It just doesn't get any better than this. However, the making of is totally lame. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
It seems lately there's a lot of negativity towards U2. Either the DVD sucks for one reason or an other, or they're sell outs, why they shouldnt play the superbowl blah blah...

I wish we could just enjoy the music and not harbor on the little things.

I love U2 and I love the music. It's what its all about!

smile.gif
Happy U2 Happy !
smile.gif

I wholeheartedly agree on this. Lately it seems every other thread here is "Are U2 sell-outs?" or, "(insert song title, etc. here) SUCKS!"...when did it stop being about the music and about how much they supposedly "suck"? I realize this is a place for opinions of the band, but when there's more bad than good...I don't know, I for one am all about the music.
biggrin.gif

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I for one am all about the music.
biggrin.gif

You're all about the whoring, you liar!!!!!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Back
Top Bottom