DVD cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
dvdcover.jpg

from atu2.com

------------------
Proudly brought to you by Bonobubbles

I noticed on Amazon that the description was something like Elevation Tour 2001: U2 Live I

I wonder what "Live I" is for.. me thinks this is the first in a series.. like possibly more live DVDs to come.. or perhaps Sydney will be "Live II" and PopMart Mexico City will be "Live III?"

What do you all think?

Simple and stylish.
I too feel the need to buy one of them new fangled dvd machines.

--------------------
"..when new media was the big idea."

yay!! it's official! i can't wait to see it again (lucky me
biggrin.gif
).

I think HelloAngel makes a great point about a possible "Live" series. I know they got Slane 1 and Notre Dame on film, so who knows.

cool cover!!

------------------
No whos or whys
No-one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the colour in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

whenever they say its out on dvd, it means its out with vhs as well.

you know, i believe that but still, i hope im right. im trying to convince that thats trully the case!

i dont have a dvd player...

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
I noticed on Amazon that the description was something like Elevation Tour 2001: U2 Live I

I wonder what "Live I" is for.. me thinks this is the first in a series.. like possibly more live DVDs to come.. or perhaps Sydney will be "Live II" and PopMart Mexico City will be "Live III?"

What do you all think?

wouldn't sydney be live I, mexico be live II, and then elevation?
kind of like star wars.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by Guy With The Stuff:
I suddenly want a DVD player!

LOL... why? I have one! You guysll most certainly end up watching it in my basement several times anyways so what the hell do you care! Save your money! LOL

Unforgettable Lemon, that is a great idea. The entire Red Rocks show on DVD would be fantastic! How about a complete live DVD from every U2 tour, Boy to Elevation. Now that would be a dream come true!

They could take the footage from the entire Joshua Tree last show in Tempe and they could use the video they shot for the New Years Eve Dublin show in 1989 for the Lovetown tour. Will never happen but it would be awesome!

Blue Room, did they end up filming that show? (new years 89/90) I remember the controversy surrounding that night and thought they canned the idea of filming it and just broadcast it on the radio.

My vote for a show on DVD? The Syracuse '87 show. Not perfect, but more "natural" than the Tempe show in my opinion. It looks and feels like Red Rocks, but the Joshua Tree version.

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
whenever they say its out on dvd, it means its out with vhs as well.

It usually is also out on VHS but you only get the live show and not any of the bonus features.

the olive, they did film the New Years show in 1989. The full show has never made it into the public though. Some clips of it have though. I have seen complete footage of Where The Streets Have No Name and I Will Follow pro shot from that show.

Wouldnt it be great to just spend a day in the U2 audio/video archives?! Considering they have recorded every show since Boy and supposedly have filmed every show since Zoo TV.

Would you guys recommend reserving a copy now on Amazon of this DVD or buying it on the day it's released in the stores? Buying it in the stores means I can get it ASAP plus I can look for the limited version- is Amazon offering the limited version? But reserving one on Amazon gaurantees i'll have one in my hands. What do you think?

smile.gif
Thx!

------------------
She got soul, soul, soul, sweet soul
And she teach me how to sing

* U2TakeMeHigher *

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Would you guys recommend reserving a copy now on Amazon of this DVD or buying it on the day it's released in the stores? Buying it in the stores means I can get it ASAP plus I can look for the limited version- is Amazon offering the limited version? But reserving one on Amazon gaurantees i'll have one in my hands. What do you think?

smile.gif
Thx!

what's on the limited version?

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
But reserving one on Amazon gaurantees i'll have one in my hands. What do you think?

I don't think there will be any problem getting the DVD into your hands. They really don't sell out or anything like that. Keep in mind, most people don't even have DVD players.

Hey! It looks just like that tour program I spent an insane amount of money on!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 10-23-2001).]

Originally posted by kobayashi:
what's on the limited version?

The limited edition 2 DVD version has the concert with multiple angles, live bonus tracks, secret tracks (rumoured) and some other goodies I forgot.

The regular 1 DVD version just has the concert and the making of... IIRC.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

believe me, once you watched a dvd with 5:1 surround sound you will not go back to video! (video=prehistoric!) its about time vids were phased out! DVD RULES!

Back
Top Bottom