Dumbass reporters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I can't even count how many times in the last year and a half that I've been reading/watching/hearing news and some dumbass reporter says that U2's goal is to be the biggest band in the world again. 'They're reapplying for biggest band on the planet!' Bono never said it, the label never said it, no one ever said it. The lazy mass media is just jumping on the bandwagon of the first dumbass that misquoted it as 'biggest band on the planet'. And the stupid thing is that it just kept being repeated as what they had said and no one ever said otherwise, until now. Stupidity breeds more stupidity, do your homework people.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Me "Don't hate me because I'm bitter."

AIM: JuanSwallow

Well he said it at the Grammys last year, I think he said best band on the planet though. On the first leg he would ask the crowd "do we get the job?"

------------------
I want you to know
That you don't need me anymore...

I remember him saying, "best band on the planet" on an MTV special they had about the Elevation tour last year. That's where I got the tagline from my website: "A tribute to the best band on the planet."

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

That was my point, there is a world of difference between the two in my opinion.

It's like if I said I was a Virginian and the press always said I was a virgin.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
That was my point, there is a world of difference between the two in my opinion.

It's like if I said I was a Virginian and the press always said I was a virgin.

But Johnny, weren't you the definitive leader of the ATYCLB virgins?

He said BEST, not biggest. Biggest was quoted far more often.

During the MuchMusic interview Bono corrected George Strom********polis when he said it as "biggest", saying "It was the best band, the biggest is easy."
wink.gif

This recent quote made me laugh:

"Bono?who writes lyrics like "Alright alright, alright, alright, alright/It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright"?sees himself as a poet."

Realllllll accurate...

i agree wannabe, i read that and i felt like scalp-raking them.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by wannabe:
This recent quote made me laugh:

"Bono?who writes lyrics like "Alright alright, alright, alright, alright/It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright"?sees himself as a poet."

Realllllll accurate...

Wait...who said this?

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I can't even count how many times in the last year and a half that I've been reading/watching/hearing news and some dumbass reporter says that U2's goal is to be the biggest band in the world again. 'They're reapplying for biggest band on the planet!' Bono never said it, the label never said it, no one ever said it. The lazy mass media is just jumping on the bandwagon of the first dumbass that misquoted it as 'biggest band on the planet'. And the stupid thing is that it just kept being repeated as what they had said and no one ever said otherwise, until now. Stupidity breeds more stupidity, do your homework people.

Why single out just the reporters?

Back
Top Bottom