dumb dumb dumb...U2 related regrets - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2003, 01:36 PM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 11:58 AM

Talk about dumb and regrets, this is why I have this name! I was at an Elevation show, outside tip of the heart. I had this special sign I'd made, and Bono saw it, and pointed to it and smiled. He motioned for me to pass it up, with his hands, and mouthing the words and smiling. I was so frozen, I just stood there holding it and grinning. Finally he gave up and turned around. Later I found out from seeing people at other shows and talking to people that had been onstage that he was meaning for me to hand him the sign and then he probably was going to pull me up! Needless to say this makes me very sad and sick and haunts me endlessly. I wish I hadn't been so stunned and slow on the uptake. That would have been my experience of a lifetime.

Old 09-04-2003, 05:16 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 12:58 PM
the fiance of one of my best friends works as a promotion manager for Way Ahead (big ticket agency in the UK). They handled ticket sales for the Elevation tour and he always gets VIP tickets (with backstage and stuff) for the shows he works for. He said that he would give me one of the VIP tickets for the Elevation show I went to. But at the last minute (ie the day before) the Way Ahead people fell out with the actual show promoters. The result of this being no VIP ticket.

Luckily, I had bought my own tickets too, but still..........

Old 09-04-2003, 10:59 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:58 AM
I regret not buying WAR on vinyl for 6 dollars one day.

I guess i kind of regret not paying attention to them in 87 and 88.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:14 PM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 06:58 AM
let's see, getting screwed over by the ticketmaster people and missing out on elevation, was one thing......... but not having cable and missing a chance to see them during a live interview blocks away from school (which is usually on my way home ).... is an entirely different story!
Old 09-05-2003, 01:16 AM   #25
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 05:58 AM
Spending hundreds of dollars on U2 bootleg cd's that I could have downloaded for free if I would have waited a few years.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:54 AM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 07:58 PM
Hmmm ...two pages of posts and no one has regretted buying POP yet, quite surprising. Perhaps ATYCLB might beat POP and someone will post first that his biggest U2 regreat was buying ATYCLB.

Cheers,

J
Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 AM   #27
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by jick
Hmmm ...two pages of posts and no one has regretted buying POP yet, quite surprising. Perhaps ATYCLB might beat POP and someone will post first that his biggest U2 regreat was buying ATYCLB.

Cheers,

J

Hmmm...I have no regrets about buying either album.

Pop is amazing. Gone, Please and Wake Up Dead Man are three of their finest moments.

ATYCLB is quite good too. Beautiful Day, Kite and New York are wonderful.

Pop is underated by the casual fans I think.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:25 AM   #28
Refugee

Local Time: 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by iacrobat

Hmmm...I have no regrets about buying either album.

Pop is amazing. Gone, Please and Wake Up Dead Man are three of their finest moments.

ATYCLB is quite good too. Beautiful Day, Kite and New York are wonderful.

Pop is underated by the casual fans I think.
I have big regrets buying Zooropa. It was my first U2 album I actually owned. If only I knew that album would mark the start of a slippery slope of endless expenses pertaining to U2 stuff, then I wouldn't have bought it and be much much richer now.

Cheers,

J
Old 09-05-2003, 10:24 AM   #29
Refugee

Quote:

Cheers,

J
Yeah J I'm surprised nobody bashed those either considering how many lame threads there have been about just that
Old 09-05-2003, 07:35 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

"Pop is underated by the casual fans I think."

I have to agree with this..
Old 09-06-2003, 01:53 AM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:58 AM
not giving them a listen sooner. that's it.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:41 AM   #32
War Child

Quote:

I have big regrets buying Zooropa. It was my first U2 album I actually owned. If only I knew that album would mark the start of a slippery slope of endless expenses pertaining to U2 stuff, then I wouldn't have bought it and be much much richer now.

Cheers,

J
Wow, Zooropa was my first album too. I am still in love with it. I am always torn between it and Achtung Baby as favourite.

If one must compare decades, their 90's work is far more subtle and intricate. I find it much more alluring than their 80's material.

Their really isn't any album I regret buying. If I had to give one up, it would be October.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:47 AM   #33
The Fly

Like so many others, my regret is not getting into the band sooner. I remember in middle school knowing tons of people that went to see ZooTV and I wish I would've known how good U2 was and gone to that show.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:21 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

I left the GA line and went to wait for them to show up. I saw a lot of people standing there and thought they must know something about the band coming for soundcheck. An arena custodian saw me and asked me what I was doing. I told her I was going to wait for the band to arrive. She told me they were already inside, and playing very loud! She asked my name and a special message she could deliver to the band from me, and I told her. She promised to give it to them and called me 'honey.' I went back to the GA line, and within a few minutes, a couple I'd been in line with came rushing up breathless, holding autographs and bragging about taking pics of Bono up close! They said they thought I was there, and looked for me, but I was gone and there was nothing they could do that lying woman!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:00 PM   #35
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:58 AM
- When U2 first came to Brazil I didnīt knew them. It was for a POPMART show in Autodromo Nelson Piquet, here in Rio de Janeiro.
-When U2 came for the second time, they made a closed show for fans, but I didnīt enjoy the fanclub so I couldnīt go there and see them.

I want U2 to return!! I want U2 to make shows in South America in next albumīs tour!!

I donīt have many time to go to a U2 show: I think in 2010 they wonīt exist as a band anymore!

Old 09-07-2003, 09:53 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strato Edge
Not getting into them early on.
Same here. I liked some of their songs, but I didn't REALLY get into them until after the Elevation tour was over.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:00 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:58 AM
Oh, also, not grabbing Bono's bum when I had the chance... No, seriously, I regret not being able to talk more to Bono when I met him. I was too excited and nervous. I didn't even register what he said to me until after he left.

Edited to add: Ugh, kind of a silly regret considering how many people would give anything to meet him. I was very lucky and I'm thankful for that.
Old 09-07-2003, 03:59 PM   #38
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985

Quote:
Originally posted by flaming june
Oh, also, not grabbing Bono's bum when I had the chance... No, seriously, I regret not being able to talk more to Bono when I met him. I was too excited and nervous. I didn't even register what he said to me until after he left.

Edited to add: Ugh, kind of a silly regret considering how many people would give anything to meet him. I was very lucky and I'm thankful for that.
I DID grab his bum

But I have others, like missing a chance to meet them, and not going to concerts before the Elevation tour, even though I was a fan since '81, because I was afraid of crowds and, and not buying GA at first because I had bad experiences with being squished. I later did get GA through a broker and let me say U2's GA was worth EVERYTHING!
Old 09-07-2003, 07:29 PM   #39
Refugee

Local Time: 07:58 AM
not going to see them with my friends when they flew to toronto for the elevation tour.