Duet of Bono with Bruce Springsteen to be released soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

On 3 November Bruce Springsteen will release a best of-compilation: Essential Bruce Springsteen. Besides a regular 2CD release there'll also be a special 3CD edition with an additional disc of previously unreleased material. Now I have just read the following about this rumoured 3rd disc:

From HMV Japan:

"I heard a preview of the release at a private Sony function, and it is amazing. All songs digitally remastered, with studio versions of American Skin and LOHAD. The third bonus disc has some unbelievable gems, including a new song called "The Wall", and studio versions of Code of Silence and Another Thin Line. The best songs appear to be Rising outtakes including Devils and Dust and a duet with Bono called The Break of Dawn. Enjoy! "

So maybe there'll be new Bono material soon!
BTW, November seems to be a very expensive month, because Bruce is also releasing a DVD of his Barcelona concert last year. And I haven't mentioned the Pearl Jam releases yet... :uhoh:

C ya!

Marty

Dorian Gray said:
Bono & Bruce?!

no smilie could capture the joy I'm feeling right now...

I have some bootleg on my computer of Bono and Bruce singing "Stand By Me", so it has been done before. Can't wait for it if that's true!

A Bono and Bruce duet? This would be an absolute dream come true for me! :drool: :hyper:

I would buy the 3-CD set anyway because I'm such a Springsteen freak, but the duet makes it even sweeter.

No, it seems that the rumour unfortunately was a real rumour not based on facts. :( Now, I don't know if the duet actually exists or not, but I hope if it does it will surface (soon?). Still, despite no Bono-Bruce duet I will buy the collection. :)

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom