Duet: Bono & Stevie Wonder for DARFUR NOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

light

The Fly
Bono and Stevie Wonder recorded Stevie's Song "Love's in Need of Love Today" as a duet-soundtrack for the documentary DARFUR NOW.

The Song can be heard at the end of the movie during the credits.

http://www.zootopia.de/ (the links in that article all lead to english language sites)

:ohmy:

Stevie is a legend.

This is great news. I hope it will be on the movie soundtrack or somehow available, I cannot wait to hear it.

I've heard about the film, though.

last unicorn said:
Thank you very much onekea! I've only been to the site but haven't been able to listen to it yet.

I have had the same problem.
You have to click in the "click to play" bar, at the right side.

I meant I can't listen to it now because I'm at work, but I cannot wait to hear it. I hope it will also be on the soundtrack. :wink:

Stevie is such a legend. After 12 years, he is touring(I read, but only one date is given). This Saturday, Nov 17 at Madison Square Garden (New York).

It is so interesting to see the diversity of people that Bono has gotten involved with, from singing to speaking, over the years. He fits in everywhere.:up: :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing this- Bono and Stevie Wonder are my two favorite singers at the moment, and for the past several years- this is awesome news, and in support of a critical cause that can't get too much attention.

I've been wondering for several years why they've never collaborated, it's seemed like an almost obvious match, this was definitely worth the wait.

Best of all to me is the unique arrangement with the African backing singers. Despite his lengthy and extensive involvement with issues of aid for Africa, Bono has not often recorded music with African influence, so it's great to hear it here, very appropriate and well-done.

(wish his collaboration with Alicia Keys had been up to this standard)

very nice, however I'd like to hear Stevie more on this song.
And Bono's voice reminds me of his 90's singing a little bit

gabrielvox said:
I LOVE the soul in Bono's voice here!! Holy crap!! So rich, he's a soul man at heart, we already knew that! ;)

:up:
Bono has still got it (his voice range, i mean)
Stevie's voice is as strong as ever.
Would love to see them do it live..:drool:

gabrielvox said:
I LOVE the soul in Bono's voice here!! Holy crap!! So rich, he's a soul man at heart, we already knew that! ;)

yes I agree this makes me even more excited for the new album/tour!!!

Great song overall, but Stevie verges on annoying at various points in the song for me...I like it I just wish we heard a little less of Stevie

Back
Top Bottom