Duet: Bono & Stevie Wonder for DARFUR NOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:

I also like the intro guitar. It plays a little Irish melody to open the song.

The mixture of acoustic guitars and African beats works really well. :yes:

Salome said:
so he sounds the worst he ever has?

haven't heard thi ssong yet, but I'll d/l it at some point :up:

No, I am refering to One modena concert he did, and Two Shots of happy and one shot of sad. Both good performances, showing that despite being a smoker (sounding deep and a little raspy) and losing some range, he still has it!

So no, it's not the worst he has ever sounded.

I LOVE how they do that Old School effect where one vocal is coming out of one speaker, with the other singer's coming out of the opposite one.

Am I the only one here who can't tell when Bono is singing. I've had a listen to the track and it sounds like Stevie Wonder all the way through:) Can anyone tell me when it is Bono's part???

Thanksandy said:
Am I the only one here who can't tell when Bono is singing. I've had a listen to the track and it sounds like Stevie Wonder all the way through:) Can anyone tell me when it is Bono's part???

Bono is in the right speaker.

Thanksandy said:

In the first verse, he's doing the lines starting with "what I'm about to say", and in the second verse he is starting singing with "the force of evil plans" line. He is also more noticeable around 4:00 mark, love those sweet "don't delay" bits. In the chorus, he is the voice that does the final "send yours in right a-way" line later than Stevie.

You can't tell them apart ?:shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom