'Dry' on U2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2001, 08:20 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 10:24 PM
'Dry' on U2

hmm i guess this can be attributed to the lack of new material

but ive gone seriously dry on U2 records and albums for the last couple of months

i used to plug is Beautiful Day, Where the Streets Have No Name for a drive
but been plugging in Radiohead, Depeche Mode, Underworld and others

i guess music can grow stale at times, no matter how good it is

Old 11-10-2001, 09:05 PM   #2
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:24 PM

Old 11-10-2001, 09:08 PM   #3
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:24 AM
tuck away all of your U2 albums. Just don't even look at them. Give it a few months (weeks?) and you'll find that desire once again!

Some times these things just need to be given a rest... but when something is as good as this you'll surely rekindle the flame (wow it really sounds like we're dealing with a romantic relationship here...)
Old 11-10-2001, 11:30 PM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 05:24 AM

------------------
Winter Halcyon
U2 in ELEVATION

U2 pictures album
http://community.webshots.com/user/winter_halcyon

Bono L.E.A.T.H.E.R. Club
Old 11-10-2001, 11:37 PM   #5
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:24 AM
I've gone dry on U2 in the past.. but my love for them has always been rekindled.

Don't they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder?" I bet the sogns will come to have new meaning for you eventually and you'll love them like you did before. And if not, then well big deal. It's not important that you listen to U2, it's important that you listen to music that makes you feel, makes you move, makes you love... For a lot of us, U2 happens to do that for us.

BTW, underworld rocks!
Old 11-10-2001, 11:51 PM   #6
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:24 AM
you all have cheated on u2 by buying other material from other bands.i havent perchaced a single cd of any band other than u2 since achtung baby came out(thats when i became a u2 fan )and i listen to all the u2 stuff i got from singles to ya know remixes. but i do listen to stuff on the radio like kroq or the hiphop station for some funy stuff but im loyal as a u2 fan can get.NOTE IM NOT ANGERY AT ANY ONE OK

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.
Old 11-11-2001, 12:11 AM   #7
War Child

haven't really had a "dry run" yet but live songs will change and help you through it if you're bored with some studio material...

an example was i didn't listen to u2 for like a day (too much POP).. i listened to the boston people get ready and i loved it....and it comes back again.

i love that version..."people get ready, when you don't have the lyrics, you got to make them up as you go along" "muscular memory, what a rockstar depends on", etc etc.

wow, got out of track. what i meant to say was: go LIVE!

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".
Old 11-11-2001, 12:14 AM   #8
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:24 AM
Shaun, I appreciate you liking U2, but I seriously think you should actually listen to other bands. I'm so glad that I love and listen to so many different types of music, personally.
Old 11-11-2001, 12:24 AM   #9
New Yorker

i know what ya saying skeek i also say to my self that i should give other bands a chance but when i go to buy stuff im like i rather buy some more u2 stuff etc. i do listen to other stuff just dont own any.and you get a good feeling by doing that cause not too many people stick with one band.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.