'Dry' on U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm i guess this can be attributed to the lack of new material

but ive gone seriously dry on U2 records and albums for the last couple of months

i used to plug is Beautiful Day, Where the Streets Have No Name for a drive
but been plugging in Radiohead, Depeche Mode, Underworld and others

i guess music can grow stale at times, no matter how good it is

frown.gif

tuck away all of your U2 albums. Just don't even look at them. Give it a few months (weeks?) and you'll find that desire once again!

Some times these things just need to be given a rest... but when something is as good as this you'll surely rekindle the flame (wow it really sounds like we're dealing with a romantic relationship here...)
wink.gif

I've gone dry on U2 in the past.. but my love for them has always been rekindled.

Don't they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder?" I bet the sogns will come to have new meaning for you eventually and you'll love them like you did before. And if not, then well big deal. It's not important that you listen to U2, it's important that you listen to music that makes you feel, makes you move, makes you love... For a lot of us, U2 happens to do that for us.

BTW, underworld rocks!
icon14.gif

you all have cheated on u2 by buying other material from other bands.i havent perchaced a single cd of any band other than u2 since achtung baby came out(thats when i became a u2 fan
smile.gif
)and i listen to all the u2 stuff i got from singles to ya know remixes. but i do listen to stuff on the radio like kroq or the hiphop station for some funy stuff but im loyal as a u2 fan can get.NOTE IM NOT ANGERY AT ANY ONE OK
smile.gif

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

haven't really had a "dry run" yet but live songs will change and help you through it if you're bored with some studio material...

an example was i didn't listen to u2 for like a day (too much POP).. i listened to the boston people get ready and i loved it....and it comes back again.

i love that version..."people get ready, when you don't have the lyrics, you got to make them up as you go along" "muscular memory, what a rockstar depends on", etc etc.

wow, got out of track. what i meant to say was: go LIVE!

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Shaun, I appreciate you liking U2, but I seriously think you should actually listen to other bands. I'm so glad that I love and listen to so many different types of music, personally.

i know what ya saying skeek i also say to my self that i should give other bands a chance but when i go to buy stuff im like i rather buy some more u2 stuff etc. i do listen to other stuff just dont own any.and you get a good feeling by doing that cause not too many people stick with one band.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

Back
Top Bottom