Drudge Report !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadelynIris

Refugee
I listen to the Drudge Report every Sunday night while dozing off to sleep. Last night, as I was in twilight mode, I heard him shout BONO, BONO, BONO, really loud over and over again.

BONO at the superbowl
BONO on Time
BONO at the Grammys
BONO at the WEF
BONO BONO BONO!!!!!

What's weird about it, is that I didn't remember it till this afternoon.

Was I dreaming or what? Can someone confirm?

Mark
http://www.mp3.com/madelyniris

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 03-11-2002).]

Ok, I might be sensitive here but the subject here wasn't really funny. I normally don't get offended when someone jokes about serious stuff but this was..hmm... tasteless.

Have nothing to say about what you asked since I don't know what show it is.
smile.gif

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Ok, I might be sensitive here but the subject here wasn't really funny. I normally don't get offended when someone jokes about serious stuff but this was..hmm... tasteless.

I have to agree. Ugh. This kind of thing isn't that funny, IMO.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

What exactly are you asking people to confirm? That your radio station said Bono's name a bunch of times?

confused.gif

Yeah nice thread title.
I think I should edit it.

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 03-11-2002).]

Well, i love joking around as much as - or more than - anybody, but this one scared me for a second!
tongue.gif

------------------
"If he gets up...we'll all get up...It'll be anarchy!!"

Subject title was in complete poor taste MadelynIris. You may find the rumour funny, but any rumour about the band in discord is not funny. Not funny at all, no matter how ridiculous a rumour it seems.

Alas...

My radio station? I'm pretty sure the Drudge Report is a national show -- well known for breaking news from rumors. In fact, I think he broke the Lewinsky thing.

Come on guys, the Adam thing is a silly rumor - after a 20 year relationship, do you think they would bust the band up over a fling? I don't think so.

Obvioulsy, no one here would dare to listen to the Drudge Report. Toooo talk radio I guess. ?

But, I got some responses for once? Odd.

Mark

[This message has been edited by MadelynIris (edited 03-11-2002).]

Originally posted by Angel:
Subject title was in complete poor taste MadelynIris. You may find the rumour funny, but any rumour about the band in discord is not funny. Not funny at all, no matter how ridiculous a rumour it seems.
I don't understand what ya'll are talking about. What is tatsteless about MadelynIris' post? The Drudge Report is a weekly radio news report by Matt Drudge. Am I missing something here?

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Originally posted by Angel:
I don't understand what ya'll are talking about. What is tatsteless about MadelynIris' post? The Drudge Report is a weekly radio news report by Matt Drudge. Am I missing something here?

Ditto! Or was the title already altered by Sicy?

Hmm.... nice edit job Sicy. I supposed this is why no body seems to post here anymore, and have to post in non-U2 related forums (in fear of this sort of thing I suppose).

The connection between the Drudge Report and silly rumors was legitimate - no need to censor.

And oh, yeah, rumors about the band breaking up are about as funny as talking about Bono's receding hairline or dye-jobs, but for some reason seem totally acceptable.

I've been a U2 fan for 20 years. I find most of these topics amusing about the band, including break up rumors (which HAPPEN ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!) But I will never, never, make light of them again!!!

hehehe.

Mark

Sorry.. I was just trying to save the thread from turning into a flame war and/or having to close it.

And the difference between this thread and the hair dye/Bono threads or whatever, is that you were purposely misleading people, as your thread title had absolutely nothing to do with the content of your post.

Thats not censorship.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 03-11-2002).]

Extinquishing satire is most certainly censorship. Making light of a rumor, exploiting it, and rubbing it in the face of itself is most certainly satire, which is not allowed, I know.

Don't worry. I'm ok with it. It's no biggie. You do a good job here. I have no beef with your policies - I just find it difficult sometimes that people I consider "cutting edge funny" get locked down. I know, take it to a non-U2 related forum.
wink.gif

And it's Drudge not Druge.

And it did happen - I don't think I was dreamin.
wink.gif

Mark

[This message has been edited by MadelynIris (edited 03-11-2002).]

Hahaha.. I didnt touch the first part of your subject... that was your typo.
wink.gif

Originally posted by MadelynIris:
Uhhh... uh no, it was your typo!
Hehehe. How silly. What are you doing CENSORING MY TYPO!!
Blasted moderators!
smile.gif

Mark
All I know is that there have now been 3 titles. The first one I missed - it was controversial? The second one was incorrectly spelled Druge, and the current and 3rd was spelled Drudge.

80sU2,

My old friend, there have been hundreds of titles, censored soooo delicately, that you have not noticed.

Pay attention. This is a consipiracy beyond your wildest dreams. It's far reaching and has the potential to crumble the very foundations of our society.

What was I saying?

Mark

lmao.

Well I fixed YOUR typo now Mark.
Which is funny because when I first read your thread title I thought it said "Drug".
Obviously because you forgot the d.

Dont worry about it 80s.. scandal!

biggrin.gif

DRUG REPORT CONFIRMS ADAM RUMOR!

Now that actually makes more sense. Soooo much sense that I'm shocked that you censored it.

Speaking of drugs....

Yucky Rumour is that songs will be dropped from their live act, something similar happened in the Pop era, which I miss badly. It has caused such a row, that U2 might NOT tour. When I saw them in 82, it was the best bang for your seven bucks. Now after all these years, I contemplate, "who Would I Get For A U2 Cover Album? The well known DJ, Professor Bono? Or perhaps, have the Corrs and Bono (which I have pics of in Dub from Thursday night)to do a duet/cover? Perhaps we could take them to watch a documentary on Iovine's defunct Jimmy Iovine's farmclub and throw Irish rocks at them. If we beat the brat hard enough, whispering will surely stop and they will start screaming. Hallelujah! The chex Mix has arrived and now we are free to walk on the cow patties. If cows have 4 stomachs, can Edge appear to have "Two Hearts"? If so, how can Bono appear to have lost a hair recently? When they found it, did they put it on ice and helivac him to the hospital to have it replanted?

BTW, Interferencers new pictures are up on NicaMom's website!

Mark

this thread is more confusing than that video montage that played before lnoe on popmart!

my head just POPped!

Originally posted by MadelynIris:
I listen to the Drudge Report every Sunday night while dozing off to sleep. Last night, as I was in twilight mode, I heard him shout BONO, BONO, BONO, really loud over and over again.

BONO at the superbowl
BONO on Time
BONO at the Grammys
BONO at the WEF
BONO BONO BONO!!!!!

What's weird about it, is that I didn't remember it till this afternoon.

Was I dreaming or what? Can someone confirm?

Mark

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 03-11-2002).]

I don't know if you ever got an answer to your original query, so.....Drudge was talking about how America is so obssessed with U2 at the moment (at least it seems to him). Then he rattled off their recent appearances (what you heard). He really had nothing to say, and I don't recall what got him off on that tangent, but what you heard was basically the extent of the U2 content.
smile.gif
Hope this helps.

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Back
Top Bottom