Dream U2 gig location.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
If you could see u2 play live ANYWHERE in the world except a) Ireland and b) yer own country............where would you like to see em play? If yer feeling adventurous, can throw in a location too.

Ad love to see em play in US, probabaly somewhere like Arizona or somewhere else desserty. Just to add ambience to the outing.

already seen it...

u2pic.bridge.184.1.650.jpg

I heard that that new Live Earth (or whatever it's called) concert is doing something in Antarctica...maybe U2 should go play for the penguins (and me)?

If money wasn't really an issue? I'd see them down-under, Australia or New Zealand.

~A.j.~

I was there in 84 Celticfc. I was 14 and remember nothing other than being there sadly! And then to make it worse, Axver says one of the best ever gigs!! Am suspicious tho .....are you in Scotland?

Univ of Tenn Neyland Stadium-holds over 100,000! Mr McGuinness if you listening--great place for the boys to play.

Well, following the rules as indicated on the initial post (no Ireland or your own country)

I would probably pick the Netherlands. They always seem to play solid shows there and that is my heritage. So it would be cool to visit there and see U2 play.

Hattem, a small village 5 miles from where I live. U2 played there in 1982 in front of a few hundred people........ Unfortunately I was too young to attend back then

Wrigley Field in Chicago. Outdoor old school baseball stadium for outdoor sound/ field. Small stadium that guaruntees decent seats for everyone in the house

My backyard! :wink:

Or a small club where I'd have easy access to getting in.
Hollywood Bowl was a good one, but so hard to get decent seats there :grumpy:

Why are so many people here incapable of thinking of venues outside their own country despite the poster stating Ireland and one's own country are out?

I'm taking "your country" to mean where I live now, which is Australia. So I would most like to see U2 set up some temporary stands in Weka Park, Raumati Beach, New Zealand and rock the place out. With support from great Kiwi bands like The Chills, a reformed Straitjacket Fits, and Split Enz. I'd fly across the Tasman in a heartbeat for that.

But if New Zealand is out as it's more truly "my country" despite being across the ocean from where I live, then I'd pick Reykjavik, Iceland. Just because that'd be an awesome place to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom