DOWNLOAD U2's New Single "ELECTRICAL STORM"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterboo

Acrobat
catching breath....sounds like a better version of staring at the sun, nicely trippy guitars and weird lyrics by bono...*exhale*...this is the version that was aired on radio one this morning btw...whow!

Hello,

I'm typing this as I hear the song for the first time. It starts quite ordinary (too ordinary IMHO), but it quickly gets in form. It sounds great, Edge's classic guitar riffs and yes it it ends with a roar (quite like All I Want Is You, although also different).

Man, those Edge guitar lines are great.

It's just a pity that around the 2:00 mark this is a small jingle of Radio One (to discourage bootlegging I think).

OK, rush-release it to all radio stations... NOW! (and set the release date of the commercial single to the beginning of October).

C ya, I'm going to listen to this again!

Marty

P.S. As said above, you can get the version at http://www.u2log.com

yeah, i think i like it. the song really builds at the end with great guitar from edge.

well done boys! :dance:

Last edited:
i just remembered y i am a U2 fan

bono has a voice like the accumulation off all the angels singing!

good song

ps

voice sounds better than most of atyclb

I've sort of worked out the lyrics, tell me if I have got mondegreens. Missing some lines though.

The sea it swells like a sore head
And the night is aching
Two lovers lie with no sheets on their bed
And the day is breaking
On rainy days we go swimming out
On rainy days swimming in the sand
On rainy days we go swimming out

In my mind
All the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky should crack
There must be someway back
For love and only love

Calling someway out would rent you back to sleep (?)
You kept awake
Dreaming someone else's dream
Coffee is cold, but it won't get you through
Compromise there's nothing new to you

Let's see colours that have never been seen
?

In my mind
All the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
To love and only love

Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Electrical storm
?

It's hot as Hell
Honey I have shrunk ?
Sure hope the weather will break soon
The air is heavy, heavy as a truck
Hope the rain'll wash away our bad luck

The sky can crack
For love and only love

Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Electrical storm

Don't cry
Oh baby don't cry
Oh baby don't cry

Last edited:
sounds like coldplay

hmm yeh it does :tongue:

hmm i was expecting something that sounds like 'the fly' or 'mysterious ways' to complement the type of work for that period, but hmm.. i guess not

i love it when i here a U2 song after a break inbetween albums. its such a good day!!

what a surprise! hearing it now for 2nd time. at first listen i thought the beginning was rather, ehm, weak. end was better though. like u2log said, we hope it is a grower! but, hey, its new u2! perfect. sounds better already this 2nd time. it will definitely grow. ah yes.

Yay!!! A new U2 song!! I'm so excited that I'm shaking now...

So is this the final version of the song?

:heart:

ah if you click to "whole story" with reactions you will find the lyrics and an mp3 that downloads superfast!

it does grow, its getting better all the time. this is my third listen and its growing. it is sooo u2 sounding. yes thats good. ah, ill give it my 4th spin.

btw the dl version starts a couple of seconds earlier with a radio voice.

Where can I download it! The link on U2log.com is not working and I don't use Real because of how it takes over the computer.

It's not on Winmx as of yet either.

Help!

uh.........I think I better listen to it again.

The first time though :down:

It should be called Electrical Light Rain. Sorry, but, it's kind of weak.

interesting , no mood of ATYClb , and that's great , however , there is no roar in the end , cool , why not to release the album ???

Im listening to it for the 4th time and its definitely growing on me.

:dance:
My day has just improved by about 300%

I think everyone agrees with Bono's voice sounding excellent. And the song is much more sensual than anything on ATYCLB. I've heard it like five times already. Good one :yes:

I can't really tell since my stupid computer keeps cutting the sound out every 3 or 4 seconds then starting again, I haven't been able to hear the song straight through. What's the problem, am I doing something wrong or does my computer just suck?

Ladies and gentlemen I am please to announce Bono is back.That falsetto voice is melting me (Electrical Storm).What can I say about The Edge.I wont judge the song till I have it in CD format, but as of now atleast it ROCKS!

3rd time and its a grower like Joshua Tree songs.

What a great surprise!

At first, I liked it...

But after a few listens, I really like it.

Bono's voice sounds great, Edge too. But the solo is not very good, because of the little 'up-glissendos'...

Good song! Better than almost anything on ATYCLB!

Hello.

Woohoo! I found everyone!!!

I got the track title wrong in my haste to publish it! I nearly blew my hifi up in the process to!

I am sharing on Kazaa as enajh2. I have had a few uploads so far but not as many as I was expecting. A lot of people think this is from a new album and not the forthcoming greatest hits package.

Anyway, glad I could be of help.

Alan

enajh2@ntlworld.com

Back
Top Bottom