dose Edge have stage presence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
i was at the elevation show right infront of edge(in the heart) and when ever bono went to the tip of the heart you could see every one turning their backs towards edge. this happened every single time bono moved.poor edge.

Edge: no one likes me, look at me dam you.
Bono: hahaha every one loves me .

its been 20(or so years) and no one gives a fuck about edge:sad:

it could be the songs, because the vocals stand out more that the music it self.

He's playing guitar w/ his hands, singing w/ his mouth, and triggering keyboards w/ his feet. You want him to run around too?

Bono is the frontman, like any group, its the frontman who mainly holds the attention of the crowd its going to be human nature for everyone to turn round to see what Bono is doing! Er...you missed out Larry and Adam too!:der: :wave:

I'd dare say that if Elvis were on the same stage as Bono he would have trouble having everyone look at him. Bono has one of the best stage presence of all time, there are few that even get close.

I just moved therea year ago (brooklynite origonally). Funny you should say that aboutthe firehouse. my house is across the street from a field that once housed another firehouse. South tarrytown on sheldon avenue. Familiar with that neck of the woods?

Well it's nice to know there are some U2 fans in Westchster NY. Don't know if you know but, The Unforgettable Fire often play at Dooley Mac's in White Plains.

I did not know that. I've seen them at Flannereys? on 14th street, and the old Rock & Roll Cafe on Bleecker. They are good.

The crowd is usually better at flannery's than up here. The crowd really gets into it only by like the 2nd set at like 2am due to the massive amounts of alcohol consumption.

Flying FuManchu said:
If the Edge created longer guitar solos for the songs, he wouldn't have that problem...

Still wouldn't work. Ever seen a video of Bono during The Cry/The Electric Co.? Edge has plenty of time to show off then, but instead Bono goes off and does something, like scaling the stage at Devore, 30 May 1983.

Numb1075 said:
Well it's nice to know there are some U2 fans in Westchster NY. Don't know if you know but, The Unforgettable Fire often play at Dooley Mac's in White Plains.

Wanted to see them at dooley mac's the saturday of the st. paddy's day parade.

Drank to much beer during the day to catch them that night.

I live in the hood of hartsdale.

Hartsdale, i checked out a few houses there when i was purchasing a home - great area. I see westchester is well represented here at interference; good stuff !

Ok, I'm a little technically challenged and can't figure out how to start a thread (or if my comments are even deserving of a thread). However, I've been thinking about the lyrics to the song Numb for many years now and I have a burning question that no one in my life would care to discuss with me but being in a U2 forum, perhaps you all might find my question entertaining. So here goes....the lyrics to Numb are
"Don't gape
Don't ape
Don't change your shape
Have another grape"

further down the lyrics read as:
"Don't struggle
Don't jerk
Don't collar
Don't work
Don't wish
Don't fish
Don't teach
Don't reach

Why doesn't he doesn't say after "Don't Reach" - Have another peach.....???????

Am I crazy or has anyone else thought of this?

Not to interrupt the conversation, but back to the original topic:

shaun:

please drop the whole "slash rules and edge sucks" angle from every post you do; it's a U2 board for christ's sake.

yes slash rules!
but i never said edge sucks.

any hoo im a fan of u2 because of bono not because of edges crazy solos or heavy guitar sound.
and edge is a mellow guitar player im just saying that he should rock out like bono. :drool:

I've been to several U2 concerts since '88 and I've always had severe bonovision and I miss out on alot of other things, but at Elevation.... Edge did get my attention, I even went kind of bonkers :hyper: when he came down to the tip of the heart on UTEOTW, so yes he does have stage presence... just not as much as Bono.

:wink: Absolutely!!!YES! Edge doesn't NEED a thing-U know when EDGE is ON guitar!:applaud: :heart: :edge: It's really hard NOT to watch Edge! BUT>>> Being as I am a BONO Girl-bono just can't help it that he is soo chrismatic on stage-or anywhere!!!! It's Bono!!!!:heart: :bono: :heart: :D ;)

Not in the same way as Bono and that's no offense. When you're close to Bono, it's like magic, he's magnetic, he pulls you in like tractor beam. You cannot escape. Edge is diffferent, he's like a regular guy, but cool. Like EP I have always had a serious case of Bonovision and haven't paid much attention to the other guys, but during Elevation when they were at the tip of the heart, wow. It was special, all of them! Once I had been busy looking at Bono, and following around the ramp with my eyes so much that I didn't realize it but Edge was right in front of me! I looked up, and there he stood over me, playing his guitar. I was suddenly hit with, damn, THIS IS THE EDGE! HE'S RIGHT THERE! and a charge went through me, my heart started pounding and I wanted to squeal like a Beatlemaniac. Yes it was a big thrill. That was good. :) So yes he does have it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom