Dorkiest thing ever done 'cause of u2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bayernfc

Refugee
Well, this is not that bad......... but I've been made fun of a lot.

When the promos for the "Best of 1990-2000" CD were underway, there were some city buses with the band picture on them. I usually would wait for that specific bus, before i got on. (took a while everytime gotta say).

It's pretty cheezie ..... what have you done recently?

Last edited:
#1 on my list is top-secret
#2.... started hanging out in real life with people I met on an internet messge board. Or making U2 sock puppets. Or talking Laura into paying the pizza man with adamsock. Or buying Adampants. The list goes on...

The first time I saw U2 live - Jacksonville 1997 for PopMart - I missed most of the concert because I was bent over from crying too hard. I was apparently overcome with emotion after seeing U2 in person for the first time.

:lol: :crazy:

:huh: I brought a chocolate cake to a local DJ, in the DJ booth while he was interviewing Spirit of The West, in order to bribe him for a contest that was being held in the form of an election, to win tickets to see U2 in Toronto.

(Holy run-on sentance)

When I was a freshman away at university, it was fall of 2000, the time ATYCLB was coming out. Due to the small town having one good radion station and me without cable in my dorm room, I'd heard or seen no new U2. One time, I was eating lunch with my friends in the dining hall. They always had music videos playing, but it was so loud you could never hear anything. I looked up one of the monitors for a moment, and I thought to myself, Wow...that guy looks like Bono... I watched more, and it's like, Damn! That looks like Edge! Then I realized it was new U2 (it was the BD video)...I spit my drink out all over my tray, stood up so fast that I knocked my chair back, and screamed, "HOLY SHIT! IT'S U2!!!!!!"

I then realized that the entire dining hall was staring at me............

:reject:

:lol: One time I was riding with a bunch of friends in one of my friend's van. Anyway, we went to his house and "One" started playing on the radio. I screamed at him. "Do NOT turn the radio off!" and totally zoned out and started singing along.

Also...U2 karaoke. A bunch of fans met up before the 10/31/97 show and we sang a few U2 songs. It was fun. One of the guys there was actually really good!

Number one:

spent Thanksgiving break driving to and from Lincoln, Nebraska (12 hrs each way), waiting 24 hours in line (sleeping on cold cement in the below freezing wind) with a $100 scalped ticket (original price = free) to see Bono.

Number Two:

"the excursion"...I can't elaborate :sexywink:

Reconstructed my face and body and hair to look "exactly" like Bono....

Oh wait, that wasn't me, that was the Tony guy from Unforgettable Fire Tribute band:wave:

Wasn't it?

Last edited:
let's hear some of them at least!

i mean, buying a beanie in the first place was pretty bad cos i searched a few stores for the right one over the course of about a year

1. What Kristie et. al. said.
2. *points at LivLuvAndBootlegMusic* We were Bono and Edge for Halloween (I was Edge).
*pouts* And someone called me sir. I'm pretty sure they weren't kidding. :|

Ultraviolet Light said:
1. What Kristie et. al. said.
2. *points at LivLuvAndBootlegMusic* We were Bono and Edge for Halloween (I was Edge).
*pouts* And someone called me sir. I'm pretty sure they weren't kidding. :|

the only recognition i got for my costume was "why do you have a 7 taped to your shirt?"

i more or less got asked why where my costume was...apparently jeans, tee shirt, and beanie was just a little to close to my normal appearance, despite the clearly altered shirt...

Oooo yeah, how could I forget, I guess it was pretty crazy for me to take a road trip to catch up with the Heart of America tour during the weekend of finals. Yeah, that first exam didn't go so well (but I still passed the class :D )

IWasBored said:
halloween costume last halloween. yeah, i looked cool :eyebrow:

Hey! I did that too!! :D And i looked cool too. :shifty: noo....i'm not obsessed. No, not at all! Everyone loved my Edginess!

Edited to say: I ought to read the entire thread before responding... :shrug: It was funny...no one knew who i was either until i explained it.... But we U2 fans are cool like that! B/c Edge is naturally cool. But i also realized that i have done many other dorky U2 things...such as...explaining to my friends this afternoon how it is easy to remember all of the members birthdays, b/c one is my mom's b-day, one is the day before mine, one is on halloween, and then theres really only one other one you actually have to memorize. I think i scared a lot of people right then. :coocoo:

Last edited:
wait a minute! who's birthday is on halloween? i can't remember birthdays of people i DO know (although i know approximatly when bono's is cos it's within a few days of mine)

who's birthday is on halloween? my mom's birthday is halloween, so she shares a birthday with...??

well, supposedly no one knew edge was himself on halloween, that's what he said in that interview...people thought he was a guy dresssed up as the edge from u2...the "you look just like him, but you're a little bit shorter" guy :lmao:

IWasBored said:
wait a minute! who's birthday is on halloween? i can't remember birthdays of people i DO know (although i know approximatly when bono's is cos it's within a few days of mine)

who's birthday is on halloween? my mom's birthday is halloween, so she shares a birthday with...??

well, supposedly no one knew edge was himself on halloween, that's what he said in that interview...people thought he was a guy dresssed up as the edge from u2...the "you look just like him, but you're a little bit shorter" guy :lmao:

Larry's b-day is on Halloween. I went to a the Popmart show at the Pontiac Silverdome on his birthday.

*calling up mom to tell her that she shares a birthday with larry mullen jr.*

Hmmm...

Singing along to the last bit of "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" while walking down the sidewalk of the middle school (that song had been on the radio on the school bus, and I got off the bus before the song ended, so I was still singing it even after I was off the bus, just to finish it out).

And I'm gonna do something rather dorky within the next two days-we're working with tasselations in geometry right now, and we get to make our own tasselations-and I'm gonna make mine U2-oriented (or at least attempt to).

Whee! Geometry homework will be fun for a change! :D.

Those are the only two things I can think of right now.

Angela

LOL i am a major dork. One time i dressed up like macphisto to hand out halloween candy, I was playing U2 on my cd player too...lol. All my speeches in 10th grade speech class were about U2. Some people who didnt know my name called me U2 :reject: I always freak out when they're on the radio. I was at this bar and they played one and i grabbed onto my friend and shook her I was like "Oh my god! do you know who this is?!" I was with this guy i really like too :eeklaugh: After I waited to see bono after the heart of america tour in Indy, and after the event thing I was leaving and he came outside..I cried the whole 2 hours home that i had talked to Bono! :heart: :bono: :heart: :rolleyes:

AdamsMango said:
LOL i am a major dork. One time i dressed up like macphisto to hand out halloween candy, I was playing U2 on my cd player too...lol. All my speeches in 10th grade speech class were about U2.

:lol: Hey, mine too! I did a speech where we had to sell a product, and ours was a virtual tv...Of course we went to a U2 concert on the tv!

Some people who didnt know my name called me U2 :reject:

:lmao: Dude, that is the funniest thing I have heard in awhile!

Last edited:
To those of you who mentioned speeches-LOL, I've mentioned Bono in speeches or book reports before-last semester I gave an informative speech on the AIDS crisis in Africa, and I used two quotes from Bono from that "Diary" episode he was on, and I used the tape I had recorded that show on as a visual aid-I showed a clip from that show to the class during my speech.

And then in World Literature, I was giving a report on a book I'd read called "1,000 Years of Irish Poetry", and there was a part in the report which asked us that if we could take a central figure from the book we'd read and have them talk to a contemporary person about what goes on in the book involving that character, who would we pick for our contemporary person and what would they and the character discuss?

Since my book was a poetry one, there was no central character, but I found a poem about Dublin in there, about a group of people going to Dublin.

And naturally, for my contemporary person, I chose Bono, since, of course, he is from Dublin-he'd talk about Dublin with the people who were going there. When I came to that portion of my report, I noticed the teacher smiling a little-she knows that I like Bono and everything, so she was kind of expecting I'd mention him somehow.

And then, when I found out Bono was coming to Iowa on his heartland tour last December, I remembered that the same teacher I just mentioned, the one who knows I like Bono, liked going to various lectures and speeches from people who come through here-she liked taking groups of students who she knew would be interested in the stuff being discussed at these things to them.

And so I mentioned the stops in Iowa to her, and she said it sounded cool and she would love to go, so I kept on the lookout for info about the stops, but unfortunately, that never happened (tickets ran out, and in Waterloo, that event was a private one, so...). But at least I had her ok so that if we did miraculously get the chance to go, we would've.

Yeah, I'm not obsessed at all, oh, noooo...

Angela

1. Conceding to go on a blind date when informed his name was Paul.
2. Bringing the Boston DVD to said Paul's house because he had a DVD player that was not in a computer and I wanted to see some easter eggs
3. New Year's Day. 2 am. Drunk, surrounded by several strangers, one friend, and the aforementioned Paul. The girls decided we MUST listen to Lisa Loeb's Stay on the Reality Bites soundtrack. I wouldn't let them change the CD because I NEED to listen to All I Want Is You. I stood in the middle of the room singing happily to myself.

Back
Top Bottom