Dorkiest thing ever done 'cause of u2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IWasBored said:
how'd you manage to tune out the kid going on about how he didn't like bono?

i had the HMTMKMKM macphisto symbol thingie on a notebook and someone said "i think there's something wrong with your batman logo. it's supposed to look like a BAT."

:lol: LOL!! That's great. I could see you giving a look of death to that person.

Iwasbored: NO, its a BONO. :angry:
Person: What is a bownow?
Iwasbored: :sigh:

Well, in English class this year we had to write a story using local color and I used Elijah Hewson and John Evans as the names for my characters. lol Then I went on a date with a guy from my school and I made it a point to tell him I loved U2. Well it paid off because he gave me a Joshua Tree record!:happy: Unfortunately, he hasn't talked to me much since that date so I guess I must have scared him off.:sigh:

rockonedge said:

:lol: LOL!! That's great. I could see you giving a look of death to that person.

Iwasbored: NO, its a BONO. :angry:
Person: What is a bownow?
Iwasbored: :sigh:

:yes: i specialize in the evil look of death ;)

IWasBored said:
how'd you manage to tune out the kid going on about how he didn't like bono?

He's someone I ignore a lot of times anyway-he never knows what he's talking about.

I just turned and talked to my friends that were sitting nearby (one of whom, Will, has a lot of respect for Bono...:D).

Originally posted by IWasBored
i had the HMTMKMKM macphisto symbol thingie on a notebook and someone said "i think there's something wrong with your batman logo. it's supposed to look like a BAT."

LOL!

The things non-U2 fans must deal with and wonder about, huh? :).

Angela

I missed the school bus this morning just cause Pride came on the radio and I refused to miss any of it. I ended up an hour late for school cos I ended up having to walk...and it was worth it! :D

No joke.

Moonlit_Angel said:

Okay...as a self-proclaimed U2 and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers fan...note to that person who yelled that to you:

first off, there's a big difference between U2 and Tom Petty,

and second...

U2 AND TOM PETTY DO NOT SUCK! THEY BOTH RULE!

So that person can put that in his pipe and smoke it.

Hmph.

*Notices everyone looking at her oddly*

Sorry.

*Sits down*

Angela

For what it's worth...

*stands up and cheers* :wave:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
yeah just a little :lol:

as for dorky u2 things. Me and Minifly made a kermit the frog stuffed animal into Kermit the Edge, damn i know I've done lots of other retarded things but i just can't think of them at the moment.

I present to you.....Kermit the Edge!

Cute! I love Kermit (and Edge, of course! :wink: )

I once wrote a story for english class and used the names Paul and Dave..cause of Bono and edge's names..and the charactres were rock stars..with traits similar to bono and edges..hell it was an excuse to write fan fiction for english class! muhaha lol. I keep thinking of dorky things i have done..I think it is a never ending list :lol:

najeena said:
I haven't done anything stupid yet, but I fully intend to.

~najeena~

it's fun doing dorky stuff :yes:

the guy who does his radio show after mine played "running to stand still" last week and i called him up and went on about how that's my favourite band, cos before i left the station he was loking at the list of stuff i played and noticed how i stole the clash songs he was going to play :evil:

IWasBored said:

it's fun doing dorky stuff :yes:

the guy who does his radio show after mine played "running to stand still" last week and i called him up and went on about how that's my favourite band, cos before i left the station he was loking at the list of stuff i played and noticed how i stole the clash songs he was going to play :evil:

Hehe.

Last December I'd call up the station my dad worked at and constantly request "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)"-my dad told me that eventually it got to the point where, one day, after I'd called the station, another guy at the station said, "Let me guess...she wants to hear that U2 song again?" :p.

And then after People's 25 Sexiest issue came out last year, my dad had a thing going at work where people could call in and say who they thought was the sexiest man alive (and nobody said Ben Affleck-so apparently, in my area, he's not the thing)-I was the only person who called in for Bono...

Then this morning I heard "I Will Follow" on this classic rock station that I listen to-they've played U2 a lot on there, but never that song, so I'm freaking out and everything because they played it-I'm yelling to my parents, "Turn it up!" Hehe.

AdamsMango, that's cool-did the teacher catch on at all?

Angela

AdamsMango said:
I once wrote a story for english class and used the names Paul and Dave..cause of Bono and edge's names..and the charactres were rock stars..with traits similar to bono and edges..hell it was an excuse to write fan fiction for english class! muhaha lol. I keep thinking of dorky things i have done..I think it is a never ending list :lol:

:lol: When I get my own dog I will probably name him/her something U2ey!

DaveC said:
I missed the school bus this morning just cause Pride came on the radio and I refused to miss any of it. I ended up an hour late for school cos I ended up having to walk...and it was worth it! :D

No joke.

:laugh: That's too funny! Did you get in touble for being late?

Well..one was, when AB came out, after hearing MW for the first time, they announced a contest at a record store to win U2's album(they were called that in Those days, lol)and other stuff! I raced to my nearest one, ran in, First person there, and said to the 17something,.."Are you having the contest to win U2 stuff Now??" He says,'Yeah'..then slips me a ticket. I saw him slip the ticket in, so I would win! And I did! Just didn't know what to do with the lil' plastic fly...wt..?lol NoW..duh!..And, Bono, that Was too funny..lol!

i call albums albums...i thought that was ok, it was just odd when you called an album a record and you werne't refering to something on vinly

:shurg: i love vinly records

Back
Top Bottom