Dorkiest thing ever done 'cause of u2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_acrobat said:
Also, one time on a marching band trip, my friend Rhett and I were blasting out U2 tunes, and someone yells "turn down that Tom Petty shit!" Then I tried to explain to them the difference between U2 and Tom Petty, and the guy said "who cares they both suck. Turn it off!" They wanted to sing hymns instead.

Okay...as a self-proclaimed U2 and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers fan...note to that person who yelled that to you:

first off, there's a big difference between U2 and Tom Petty,

and second...

U2 AND TOM PETTY DO NOT SUCK! THEY BOTH RULE!

So that person can put that in his pipe and smoke it.

Hmph.

*Notices everyone looking at her oddly*

Sorry.

*Sits down*

Angela

kristie's floor reminded me of the cartoon-y looking band member pictures i drew...i've got about 12 different elevation era edge cartoon kind of drawings in a desk drawer at home...and a few of everyone else...none of them have feet cos i can't draw feet...

and i believe that there might be a still-headless elevation era adam c :ohmy:

Last edited:
The_acrobat said:

Hey, what instrument did you play? I was a boner myself. :lol:
I like Tom Petty, and we would sometimes play his music too. I think that people assumed that no matter what we played on that bus, they thought it was Tom Petty. But when someone knocks U2, my defenses go up. The raises on the back of my neck. My mind races to find things on which to return the feeling they have just brought on me!

I Played sax. See my avatar! It's me!! I play clarinet now too. I am a junior in high school now..so i have one more year left in marching band, and i'm gonna play clarinet :D Yeah people on my bus on band trips love Chicago, Queen and Boston..along with Linkin Park and Sugar Ray as i mentioned above..Everyone makes fun of my music!! And i get crazy defending them! but in the end..who cares? they're the ones missing out on the real music!

I was a band nerd for 8 years, I played flute. I was surrounded by a lot of prissy girls with attitudes :| But I had a blast with band in high school on the trips and all. I almost never play me flute anymore. But I've taken up the bass, so it's not like I've given up on music or anything.

Being Edge O_O

drawing a goatee on my face with eyeliner on halloween and going to school with that, a number 7 shirt and a beenie...
someone thought I was a pirate when I took my beenie off for a moment :shifty: wtf lol

next year I'm embarrassing myself more by drawing stubble and wearing blue shades :tongue:

To all you band geeks.......I'm gonna start a Bank Geek thread in the Lemonade Stand. Come check it out, and we can share marching band stories. I'd love to hear some new band stories, cause I think I've heard all the ones everyone around my area has to offer. Come over and check it out.

yeah just a little :lol:

as for dorky u2 things. Me and Minifly made a kermit the frog stuffed animal into Kermit the Edge, damn i know I've done lots of other retarded things but i just can't think of them at the moment.

I present to you.....Kermit the Edge!

Attachments

• kermit on hanper.bmp
    89.7 KB · Views: 17
Kristie, that floor of yours is sweet ass! :D.

And I like the U2 wall that was shown in this thread, too-also like the one that had U2 lyrics on it and all that good stuff.

Sometime I'm hoping to start doing things like that to my wall.

Can't really do anything to my floor, though-it's carpet.

Angela

When I was in Dublin last year and went by The Clarence and Kitchen I had to take a picture of the no parking sign in honor of Edge's car getting towed. I had completely forgotten about the whole car-towing incident until I was around back of the hotel, I saw the sign and started laughing, so ridiculous. I am very glad that the street was deserted and no one was there to see me laughing at a no parking sign.

Re: Being Edge O_O

Phuzzie_the_camera_girl said:
drawing a goatee on my face with eyeliner on halloween and going to school with that, a number 7 shirt and a beenie...
someone thought I was a pirate when I took my beenie off for a moment :shifty: wtf lol
No, you didn't do that. :ohmy::lol:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
does any one have any idea why my :censored: computer doesn't let me save paint files as jpegs anymore :mad:

*blows up computer*

cos computers are evil bastards like that

What a fantastic topic. Mine might not sound so bad but I suffered at the time. When I was younger I was singer in a metal band and all the other guys were into metallica and maiden. Anyway, for our first (and penultimate) gig we all decided to wear our denim jackets full of sewn on patches of our heavy metal heros. When I turned up I'd nailed my colours to the mast and had all U2 patches sewn to the jacket. I almost got lynched but still played the show with it on.

EXCUSE ME, BUT HAVE YOU SEEN MY SHIRT??

Kristie[/i][B] #1 on my list is top-secret #2.... started hanging out in real life with people I met on an internet messge board. Or making U2 sock puppets. Or talking Laura into paying the pizza man with adamsock. Or buying Adampants. The list goes on...[/B][/QUOTE] paying the pizza man with adamsock :p calling all around the country [i]trying[/i] to buy adampants (my mom: WHO CALLED NEW JERSEY TWICE?!?) :angel: and the top secret one...... [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Number one:

spent Thanksgiving break driving to and from Lincoln, Nebraska (12 hrs each way), waiting 24 hours in line (sleeping on cold cement in the below freezing wind) with a $100 scalped ticket (original price = free) to see Bono.

um...yeah....and then, less than a week later, driving down to louisville (about 8 hours each way) without even having tickets to try and see bono...cept this time i was successful...:D

and i'd like to add that we listened to u2 for the vast majority of the trip to nebraska, 12 hours straight on the way back, and both ways to and from louisville......

k, then there's always the things like:

~the fact that i didn't wash the part of my cheek that bono kissed for a week after the fact.....
~talking more to my online u2 fans then my actual "real life" friends :silent:
~making u2-opoly...cept we only got so far as to make little u2 members out of clay...
~spouting out u2 facts to anyone and everyone if they apply in the slightest way to anything going on in the conversation at hand...
~um...i have a poster hanging in my room, which was originally written so that we would recognize an internet u2 fan at the train station when we went to visit her in chicago, and it reads "don't let the bastards hoe you down"...and the subsequent number of hoedowns involved.....
~walking up to a random guy in hard rock just cause he's wearing an elevation shirt...and asking him about his fandom...
~singing along to every u2 song i ever hear...causing a random stranger next to me to point and laugh :eek:...
~one word: julio

and the list could go on...but....i think that the pizza guy one wins...

Re: EXCUSE ME, BUT HAVE YOU SEEN MY SHIRT??

Stories for Boys said:

~spouting out u2 facts to anyone and everyone if they apply in the slightest way to anything going on in the conversation at hand...

:yes: i do that enough that i ceased to consider it a dorky thing that i do cos of the band...

i wanna play u2-opoly!

Stories for Boys said:

~singing along to every u2 song i ever hear...causing a random stranger next to me to point and laugh :eek:...

The facts thing, I do it so much that recently, when i start commenting .....my friends are like "is it a U2 thing again?"

by the way, not only singing along, trying to immitate the video along with it!!!

BWAHA, Julio!

Stories for Boys said:
~making u2-opoly...cept we only got so far as to make little u2 members out of clay...

YAY U2-opoly!
:shifty:

33677%3A%3B923232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E23233736287%3C3ot1lsi

:shifty: Whaddya mean my camera sucks ASS? :|

Stories for Boys said:
~talking more to my online u2 fans then my actual "real life" friends :silent:

Guilty of this as well...:reject:...

Originally posted by Stories for Boys

Cute!

And I like that picture, Ultraviolet Light!

Little U2 pawns...ingenious!

Originally posted by Stories for Boys

Again, guilty as charged...it doesn't matter what it is that's being discussed, I'll find some way to incorporate something U2-related into the conversation.

Angela

Re: Re: EXCUSE ME, BUT HAVE YOU SEEN MY SHIRT??

bayernfc said:

by the way, not only singing along, trying to immitate the video along with it!!!

HAHA
..not that I dance like MacPhisto when singing Lemon. :shifty:

and this subject title is making me snort :lmao:

Those little U2-opoly things are seriously cute!

I want some!

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Bonochick, I'm impressed by your U2 wall.

Yeah.

That U2 wall looks awesome, Bonochick, really, it does. Very creative.

Here's another one-decorating the back of your geometry book cover with various things that relate to U2, such as the Macphisto symbol thingy from the HMTMKMKM video (that one with the black outline of Macphisto's head against the yellow background), making a little fire picture to symbolize "The Unforgettable Fire", and a sun to symbolize "Staring At The Sun", a pumpkin for "October", a drawing of a boy, a little tree, and so on and so forth (I started on that this afternoon, once it's fully done I'll try and get a picture of it up here somehow if anyone wants to see it).

And also, writing U2 quotes anywhere possible-inside your notebooks, on your trappers and folders, on book covers, etc.-and on the back board in your AP Government class (my teacher allowed us, at the end of the semester-long class, to put up famous political-minded quotes from anyone we wanted on the back board in the room, and I put up a snippet of Bono's speech from the "Sunday Bloody Sunday" performance-then some right-wing kid in the class started going off about how he didn't like Bono and all that-I just tuned him out).

Angela

how'd you manage to tune out the kid going on about how he didn't like bono?

i had the HMTMKMKM macphisto symbol thingie on a notebook and someone said "i think there's something wrong with your batman logo. it's supposed to look like a BAT."

Back
Top Bottom