Dorkiest thing ever done 'cause of u2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
got kicked out of my room for being noisey trying to play "new year's day" on new year's day...

took the keyboard and guitar into the kitchen and put the keyboard on the table...plugged one pair of headphones into the keyboard, another into the discman...put on both pairs of headphones, propping one up so i could also hear my guitar...stood in the middle of the kitchen playing this until i worked out most of the song...i got a bit wrapped up in what i was doing and didn't notice my mom with the camera until it was too late...

hippy said:
:shifty:

I didn't spell "U2" in Christmas lights in my dorm room or anything....

:shifty:

I did that in my bedroom one year! I made space on my U2 wall. :laugh:

Yes...I had a U2 wall...

3367653523232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E2323364598738ot1lsi

Tearing that down when we had to move was SO hard....:(

I have this pic too...my JT record my parents gave me is behind me, and you can see my Lyric Door. I cut up pieces of posterboard, wrote a U2 lyric on each piece, and made a collage on my closet door.

3367653523232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E2323364598733ot1lsi

That was the last thing I ripped down before we had to move. :(

I guess mine aren't too bad but here they are....

I took off a half a day off work to see Bono on Oprah even though I taped it. I also took of an entire day off work to buy the Best Of DVD.

While most people at work have pictures of their families up and cut little calendars with flowers or dogs, I have a U2 calendar up and my wallpaper on my computer is also U2....I guess that ones not too bad....but it's a pretty serious place I work at so having pics of U2 up in my little cubical has caused a lot of strange looks...but I have a feeling I would have gotten them anyways.... :hmm:

I went on a blind date last year with a real loser and he kept talking about how good looking he was and what a real catch he was...nooooooooo he wasn't!...so at dinner when he said it again I told him in my mind no one in the world will ever compare to The Edge :drool: and then I proceeded to spend the next few minutes talking about how hot :edge: is. After that any time he began to talk I would interupt him and start talking about U2. Needless to say the date was short and we never talked again, which was good because he was a loser that told me U2 was "ok" but not worth it to spend any money on their music....????....wtf?

Well, I don't know if it's dorky or not, but I've mutilated one of my belts to fit a ZooTV belt buckle onto it. Now I wear my fandom on my stomach, :)

Oh yeah, and back when I worked at the Herald Sun newspaper I had to draw an illustration of a rock star, and I deliberately made it look like Bono circa ZooTV.

Last edited:
# joining here at my age!
# hanging around in shops when U2 are on - not really dorky, but dorky for me - it usually goes lie this
"can I help you?" "oh no Im just looking" - Pam wonders aimlessly around. the best was multiple screens, 6 actually of Numb
#screaming out in the picture theatre at the beginning of Runaway Bride
#& in the privacy of the shower, drawing Zoochilds on the shower door! theyre getting better and better!

Pamela

Last edited:
12/31/1995, 9th grade. I had a freind over to spend the night. After a "fun night" with my parents, they took us to a store, where we each bought the recently released Passengers. We couldn't believe that there were no words on some of the songs! So my friend and I wrote lyrics and added extra guitar and keyboards to the songs on Passengers. Yeah, we had the equipment to do this with, amazingly. You should hear our beautiful lyrics to "Beach Sequence", which I retitled "Time" in my version. The guitar solo on "Slug" is great, and we did a rap on "Elvis". I always have a special attachment to that record. Not because of what it is, but because of what we did with it. What a bunch of geeks. We tried to do a Pavoratti solo on "Ito Okashi".....other kids were at new years eve parties getting their first blowjobs that night. But you know what they say..... when you make music, there's no telling what you can accomplish. However, with a blowjob, there is only one way it can be done, and you know the end result.

Also, one time on a marching band trip, my friend Rhett and I were blasting out U2 tunes, and someone yells "turn down that Tom Petty shit!" Then I tried to explain to them the difference between U2 and Tom Petty, and the guy said "who cares they both suck. Turn it off!" They wanted to sing hymns instead.

My friends and I had a band in the 9th grade, and we SUCKED. We played a gig at my friend's party, and we covered Last night on earth, Sunday bloody sunday, Desire, and........WIth or without you. No infinite guitar, no effects of any kind. It was disasterous. But we thought we were doing good, but everyone had to have thought we sucked ass!

Bonochick said:

I did that in my bedroom one year! I made space on my U2 wall. :laugh:

Yes...I had a U2 wall...

3367653523232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E2323364598738ot1lsi

Tearing that down when we had to move was SO hard....:(

:lol: Hey, who DOESN'T have a U2 wall?

*glances behind me...smiles*

:up: Yours looked really cool!

The_acrobat said:

Also, one time on a marching band trip, my friend Rhett and I were blasting out U2 tunes, and someone yells "turn down that Tom Petty shit!" Then I tried to explain to them the difference between U2 and Tom Petty, and the guy said "who cares they both suck. Turn it off!" They wanted to sing hymns instead.

AHHH!! Fellow marching band geek! *looks at my avatar* Cool. lol Yes, i get ridiculed for listening to U2 on band buses..but I do it alone. Sorry I dont like Linken Park or Sugar Ray!! Ew they :censored: suck. :wink:

u2 has been the only thing i like that i could get people to listen to on the bus to frisbee games...

although at work it was another story...

u2 sounding like tom petty?!?!?!?! this goes beyond the realm of comprehension...

IWasBored said:
u2 has been the only thing i like that i could get people to listen to on the bus to frisbee games...

although at work it was another story...

u2 sounding like tom petty?!?!?!?! this goes beyond the realm of comprehension...

:yes: They sound nothing alike! :lol:

But I like Tom Petty too! :happy:

the walls are pretty cool......... I used to have one till my sister "accidentally" tore half the pics off...........I just wanna know what kinda accident!!!

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
made a Bono-latern for Halloween.

:yes: I did that too! My brother was making fun of me about it. It looked really stupid when it wasn't lit because you couldn't tell what it was...but when you lit it it looked cool!

AdamsMango said:

AHHH!! Fellow marching band geek! *looks at my avatar* Cool. lol Yes, i get ridiculed for listening to U2 on band buses..but I do it alone. Sorry I dont like Linken Park or Sugar Ray!! Ew they :censored: suck. :wink:

Hey, what instrument did you play? I was a boner myself. :lol:
I like Tom Petty, and we would sometimes play his music too. I think that people assumed that no matter what we played on that bus, they thought it was Tom Petty. But when someone knocks U2, my defenses go up. The raises on the back of my neck. My mind races to find things on which to return the feeling they have just brought on me!

I've got in a few fights. I take personal offence when someone insults any of my favourite bands.

This is me: *smacks fist* You must DIE.

The_acrobat said:

Hey, what instrument did you play? I was a boner myself. :lol:
I like Tom Petty, and we would sometimes play his music too. I think that people assumed that no matter what we played on that bus, they thought it was Tom Petty. But when someone knocks U2, my defenses go up. The raises on the back of my neck. My mind races to find things on which to return the feeling they have just brought on me!

:wink: I know you weren't talking to me specifically, but I played the trumpet for 10 years.

And I know what you mean...insulting U2 is probably the easiest way to piss me off!

PopTart said:
#& in the privacy of the shower, drawing Zoochilds on the shower door! theyre getting better and better!

Pamela

oh fuck me, that reminds me, my FLOOR
okay the floor beats the sock puppets... I spent 5 hours a day for an entire month painting my floor.
Pictures of which will not be seen here to spare those with dial-up.... *whips up a quick web page*
Floor can be seen here:
http://www.troppoheads.com/kristie/floor.htm

Back
Top Bottom