Don't Say Goodbye - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2008, 07:41 AM   #21
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 08:44 AM
sounds pretty cool

and it can't indeed be an Eze outtake, since the guy's houses are about 4 to 5 meters away from the sea... you can't make a recording without the sea on it!

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennerado View Post
Morning Child/Wild Horses with different lyrics. I wonder where this is from?
I think the correct FWT (Fan Working Title) is Morning Child/Don't Turn Around.
More info here: News: Salome Outtakes - The making and history behind this bootleg (don't know what happened to the original site with this info, but at least it's preserved on that U2Station site)
This version of Morning Child/Don't Turn Around is CD 2 Track 5 I think.

So yeah, this is an oldie which has been around for a while...

Old 07-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #23
The Fly

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Isn't this on the Salome 3CD Achtung Baby outtakes collection? I have that collection and I think it is.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
I think the correct FWT (Fan Working Title) is Morning Child/Don't Turn Around.
More info here: News: Salome Outtakes - The making and history behind this bootleg (don't know what happened to the original site with this info, but at least it's preserved on that U2Station site)
This version of Morning Child/Don't Turn Around is CD 2 Track 5 I think.

So yeah, this is an oldie which has been around for a while...

Yup, this is one we already have--if you have the 3-disc Axtung Beibi set, or the 7-disc Hansa Ton Outtakes set. I used to also have that one-disc set that Vlaco linked to, but traded it away because it was taking up space and had nothing new on it.

Again, kind of shows the problems we run into when we have more than one fan title for a leaked track (which is why I prefer that all the Beachclips and HQ clips remain "Beachclip 402," etc., instead of assuming one is "No Line on the Horizon" or calling one "All My Life," etc.).
Old 07-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #25
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:44 AM
I thought this songs working title was Caledonia and was one of different versions. this goes back to early 90s when the AB demos came available for the first time
Old 07-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 06:44 AM
Yeah, I had this on the 3 CD set of outtakes back in the day. There are a mess of takes over the same progression with Bono reaching for melodies. It's fun to hear the song emerge, but it's mostly mumbo-jumbo. It's also a testament to good band teamwork and stellar production - some of that material could have turned out really, really bad.

The "Caledonia" joke is a reference to a Lanois solo song - obviously Danny was in the room and Bono was teasing him a bit by singing that line like Lanois. I can't remember the name of the song, but it's on "Acadie."

It's still a little unnerving that the band writes a lot of its material in the studio. If you listen to those outtakes, you can hear them mining gold, but it is a slow, slow process waiting for "God to enter the room," as Bono says.

Tags
achtung baby outtakes, dont say goodbye