Don't really know what to think of this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
I just got this from @u2.com

Bono's Heart Will Go On

Routers, April 01, 2003

Tues Apr 1, 10 :20 AM ET

LAS VEGAS (Routers) ? The audience at last night's Celine Dion concert were treated to an unexpected appearance by U2's lead singer, Bono, who joined the diva on her show-stopping tune "My Heart Will Go On."

"I'd like to introduce a dear friend of mine, Bono," announced Dion,
as the singer came on stage, waving and wearing his trademark sunglasses.

"This is one of my all-time favorites and it's a real privilege to be
up here with Celine," said Bono.

The duo then performed a passionate rendition of the song to a mostly-enthusiastic response.

Some audience members, however, seemed confused.

"I didn't think Sonny Bono was still alive," said Tammy Twinks, 54,
of Cheeser, WI.

"I don't know who that was up there, but he ruined the song," complained Mary Jane Weeble, 43, of Flatland, IA. "I came to hear Celine sing the Titanic theme, but it was just terrible."

Dion recently opened a three-year run at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, reportedly earning $100 million for the engagement.

I really can't stand Celine.....any thoughts???

I really hope it's April Fools.

On another horribly frightening note, MTV news totally reported on that Bono/J-Lo thing today. They were disturbed about the possibility of that duet too. :down:

wertsie said:
Celine Dion=:barf:
Jennifer Lopez=:barf: :barf: :barf:

No, you have to reverse the barfs. Celine Dion is at least worthy of three barfs, maybe even more. The only (small) think worth redeeming is her song 'Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore' (or something like that). Whatever the case, J-Lo deserves less barfs. From the POV of a man :)D), it's better when she's not saying/singing anything outside of the movies. And she has appeared at least in one not-sucky movie (Out Of Sight). So for the moment she deserves less than 3 barfs.
Still, J-Lo duetting with Bono? *shudder*

C ya!

Marty

U2One said:

Routers, April 01, 2003

"I didn't think Sonny Bono was still alive," said Tammy Twinks, 54,
of Cheeser, WI.

"I don't know who that was up there, but he ruined the song," complained Mary Jane Weeble, 43, of Flatland, IA. "I came to hear Celine sing the Titanic theme, but it was just terrible."

These are the April Fools clues!

Cheeser, Wisconsin?!?

Wisconsin always gets picked on. Like those new commercials with California cows, picking on the cows from Wisconsin.

haRUMPH!

Signed,

Born-and-bred Wisconsinite

corianderstem said:
Cheeser, Wisconsin?!?

Wisconsin always gets picked on. Like those new commercials with California cows, picking on the cows from Wisconsin.

haRUMPH!

Signed,

Born-and-bred Wisconsinite

Yeah! Right on! :up:

Although I think "Cheeser" should have been a pretty big clue that this was a joke...

It's a good rule to thumb to distrust any news article that misspells "Reuters"...

I think this belongs in Zoo Confessional
but ahh well, I'm here now,it is a cross I have to bear

my hub dedicated two songs to me . That's a rare thing for him to do, so I'm flattered. Unfortunately they are both by Celine. As I said, it's sweet, they are quite moving lyrics "falling into you " and "I don't know"....but does she have to be so goddamned dramatic about it, all the time?some of the other tracks on that album are just unbearable. Strange but true, for an old bluesman, he gave me Celine...never will fathom that one.

Bono and celine.Nope , not something I'd wanna see or hear, thank you. This April Fool caper could take a year off your life.

Wiscaaaaaaaaaansin!

Actually, some people tell me they hear the midwest accent, and others say they can't.

::shrug::

Back
Top Bottom