Dont know if you can help me on this but.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
can you provide some sort of transcript to U2's latest DVD "Elevation Live in Boston"?

The reason for this unusual request is that as several friends and myself are hearing impaired (plus we are big U2 fans!), we were pretty upset to find that the concert on the DVD does not have subtitles at all! So we were unable to follow whats been said. For example we dont know what Bono sang at the end of Elevation, during Sunday Bloody Sunday and so on. You know what I mean?

The Rattle and Hum had subtitles which gave us real pleasure following the film esp. pogoing to Streets! heh heh! so I couldnt understand why this Boston Live DVD doesnt...

Though we do have the lyrics for all the official albums....I just know from reading many internet reports that some songs are often re-arranged or changed and that had happened at Boston....

So the request is for you guys to provide me some weblink to a transcript or something similar. If you could, we would be very very very VERY grateful with the possible reward of a pint of Guinness!
biggrin.gif

Mind you, thanks to Skeek, I do have the transcript of Bono's rant during Bullet so thats a big help! So thanks man! You are the king! Anything else from you guys would be a bonus..and a big help to us finally decipher what Bono sang!
biggrin.gif

Alternatively I could write to the people who made the DVD and ask them! Any ideas who I should write to?

Peace to you all!

dougal

That makes me mad, I'd definately write to the people who made the DVD. Just to let them know this is a serious problem that they overlooked.
As far as a link of the transcript.......
I don't know if I've ever seen one.
If the Grammy's weren't on tonight, I'd watch the DVD for you and make my own transcript. If no one has a link, let me know, I'd be willing to do that!

If you really have time and do that for me, mrs clayton then you will forever be my darling!
biggrin.gif

dougal

oooh..the darling of a U2 fan who is Scottish to boot. MrsClayton, if I were you, I would be ALL over this.
biggrin.gif

Hey Dougal, you're not alone, I have impaired hearing too, and I always like to have subtitles on DVD, made me mad the Boston DVD doesn't have subtitles! Even though I can hear it ok, I still like to have subtitles! Producers of the Boston DVD, please choose your final meal and line up against the wall ready to be SHOT!

Hearing impaired here as well.

Listening to U2 makes me very thankful that I can hear what I can.

And your right! Damn this DVD for not providing a proper transcript!

dougal55---email me so we can go over exactly which parts you want transcribed. I have the time to do at least the concert today....
magenak@hotmail.com

At the end of Elevation, i think it's

Elevation
Juvenation (maybe it's Jubilation)
Soul nation (sometimes though it sounds like Salvation to me)
then repeats it

Here's what i'd like to know:
-What does he sing at the end of BD, right before the "goal is soul"? Anyone? It's SOMETHING about soul, but i can't tell.
- what does he say during Stuck, right before Edge's lines? "sugar sweet soul"?!? (i'm soo mishearing that, right?)
- And what does he say before Kite? Not the intro speech, but right when the strings start, he mutters something. "It's ok"?
- What is the meaning of "hooch" shout at the start of Gone?

SBS: "Oh oh oh, Johnny was a poor man. Get up stand up stand up for your rights, never take me alive."

Start of I will follow: "It's going off in the heart...I will folow!"

Intro to Fly:
"you walk into a sports hall
lights go down
it's a whole different scene
light in motion (light and motion?)
light in motion(could be light and motion)
lights off comotion (not sure about this)
we could have it all
you could have it all
but love you shine a burning star, falling from the sky, tonight
and love, we shine like a burning star, we're falling from the sky, tonight..."

You got the introduction of the band, right? And the speech about his voice getting better?

The last "speech" is "Thanks for paying your hard earned cash on a rock show. Thanks for giving us a great life."

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 02-27-2002).]

Originally posted by U2girl:

- What is the meaning of "hooch" shout at the start of Gone?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 02-27-2002).]

This is the only thing I can answer, he is referring to Hutch (his friend Michael Hutchings, INXS lead signer who died) I'm not sure why he does it here instead of the beginning of Stuck, the song that was written about him. Maybe because he is gone?

Hey!

Thanks a bunch for all your replies!

Hey What a bomb! and Roland! thanks for your replies....its great to know that Im not the only one....I wonder if you both have been to see U2 live last year or in years gone by? I have seen them 15 times and never followed everything except the songs themselves thats all. I loved every single gig!

Yeah youre right Roland... I felt the same....Listening to U2 made me very thankful that I can hear what I can. They can stir my emotions quite a few times with their powerful music and lyrics esp. when they are played live. No other band I have listened to over the years can do this.

Anyway, I hope I can get some transcript and if I do I can email them to you both What a bomb! and Roland if you guys want me to.

Mrs Clayton...... I will email you later to let you know what parts I wanted transcribed from the DVD. Thanks again for your kind help!
biggrin.gif

Peace to you all!

dougal

Back
Top Bottom