Does u2 have any plans on playing live a majority of their old stuff, 80-84 era?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TWlLlGHT

Babyface
I'm a fan of their older stuff(and some more recent, achtung baby, etc) and was wondering if there's any plans by them to do a concert with most or all of their really old school stuff. If anyone has heared anything, please let me know.
I saw them in frisco a long time ago. I heared a live version of "out of control" recently and thought maybe they were planning on doing more of that stuff, but haven't been able to find anything else online. With that show on directv from chicago, I was really disapointed that they were still stuck in the whole hippie pc phase still. Bono needs to find his celtic tribal warrior class spirit again like he did with boy, october, war, etc. With all that is going on, i'd expect him to be more agressive. Larry and adam must be really disapointed. All the old fans too, if there's any left.

Not in this order but My ideal live setlist is

An Cat Dubh
Into the heart
out of control
I fall down
rejoice
fire
the ocean
electric co.
stories for boys
11 o'clock tick tock
sunday bloody sunday
seconds
a sort of homecoming
like a song
surrender
promenade
unforgettable fire
scarlet
another time another place
october
twilight
shadows and tall trees

Does u2 have any plans playing live a majority of their old stuff, 80-84 era?

Does u2 have any plans on playing live a majority of their old stuff, 80-84 era?

I mean specifically this really old stuff only. The best stuff.

I'm a fan of their older stuff(and some more recent, achtung baby, etc) and was wondering if there's any plans by them to do a concert with most or all of their really old school stuff. If anyone has heared anything, please let me know.
I saw them in frisco a long time ago. I heared a live version of "out of control" recently and thought maybe they were planning on doing more of that stuff, but haven't been able to find anything else online. With that show on directv from chicago, I was really disapointed that they were still stuck in the whole hippie pc phase still. Bono needs to find his celtic tribal warrior class spirit again like he did with boy, october, war, etc. With all that is going on, i'd expect him to be more agressive. Larry and adam must be really disapointed. All the old fans too, if there's any left.

Not in this order but My ideal live setlist is

An Cat Dubh
Into the heart
out of control
I fall down
rejoice
fire
the ocean
electric co.
stories for boys
11 o'clock tick tock
sunday bloody sunday
seconds
a sort of homecoming
like a song
surrender
promenade
unforgettable fire
scarlet
another time another place
october
twilight
shadows and tall trees

Last edited:
Well so far on this tour (from their first three albums) they've done An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, I Will Follow, Out of Control, Electric Co., a snippet of Stories for Boys, The Ocean, Gloria, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, and "40."

They have done the same amount from their first three as their second three, actually (Pride, Bad, MLK, Streets, Still Haven't, Bullet, Running, With or Without, Angel of Harlem (once), All I Want Is You).

And almost the same amount from the 90s (Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, One, Who's Gonna Ride, Until the End of the World, The First Time, Discotheque). I can see people calling individual albums underrepresented, but "eras"? No.

So they did these songs every show?

"Well so far on this tour (from their first three albums) they've done An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, I Will Follow, Out of Control, Electric Co., a snippet of Stories for Boys, The Ocean, Gloria, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, and "40." "

You're probably lying. I bet they didn't do this stuff every night or even most of it.

That chicago freeview is a bad representation of their live show then.

However I can't fucking stand the rest of the inane shit you named. Except for two songs, you fucking hippie.

I would grab relevant links, but I won't waste my time as this person just seems like a troll.

That would never happen. Ever.

Oh, and why the hell is this in LS and not EYKIW?

Axver said:
I would grab relevant links, but I won't waste my time as this person just seems like a troll.

Ah, what would you know, you pathetic set-list-loving hippie? Go back to your ashram!

:wink:

I heard from fake edge in an INTERVIEW that they were going to play these songs at RANDOM show wher people knew what the HOW COLD IT IS WHERE YOU LIVE.

He DESCRIBED the songs as ones they APPRECIATE.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pubic hare!

biff said:

Ah, what would you know, you pathetic set-list-loving hippie? Go back to your ashram!

Hmpf. That's it. *storms off to hug his setlist tree* :grumpy:

You'll stop laughing when you realise my setlist tree is growing next to my money tree. :drool:

Seven of those songs have been played this year! Plus Gloria, I Will Follow and Party Girl, which are not on that list. That is more than anyone had any right to expect ever again.

And 11 O'clock Tick Tock and A Sort of Homecoming were just played on the last tour.

I'd say they have been very good to the old fans.

If anyone's thinking about replying seriously, check out this person's other posts first. They're nothing but a troll. Don't waste your time.

I have a gigantic orchard of money trees. :drool:

I might consider selling you one to replace that dead one you've got. :wink:

Axver said:
They're nothing but a troll.

troll.jpg

:dancing:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom