Does this mean I'm a devoted fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I found out last night that my parents will be out of town on the 23rd of November, the US release date for the record. I am intent on having the record on the day it is released. I don't drive yet(sad, I know). With my parents gone and without the ability to drive, I am presented with a dilemma. So, it appears as though I'm going to take a bus straight from my college, clear across town to the mall area where the good record stores are. Walk 5-10 minutes from bus stop to Best Buy. Buy the record, stuff it in my backpack. Walk back to the bus stop, wait for the next bus. Ride to place called Lincoln Park square, walk 20 minutes from there back to my house. Run upstairs, rip the album open, and listen. I can only hope the greater entity doesn't decide to make it p**s rain that day.

namkcuR said:
I found out last night that my parents will be out of town on the 23rd of November, the US release date for the record. I am intent on having the record on the day it is released. I don't drive yet(sad, I know). With my parents gone and without the ability to drive, I am presented with a dilemma. So, it appears as though I'm going to take a bus straight from my college, clear across town to the mall area where the good record stores are. Walk 5-10 minutes from bus stop to Best Buy. Buy the record, stuff it in my backpack. Walk back to the bus stop, wait for the next bus. Ride to place called Lincoln Park square, walk 20 minutes from there back to my house. Run upstairs, rip the album open, and listen. I can only hope the greater entity doesn't decide to make it p**s rain that day.

thats not a big deal.. every day to go to university i walk 10 minutes to the bus stop, wait for the bus for 5-10 minutes, take it for about 45-50 minutes to the subway station, take a 25 minute ride on the subway, and then walk another 10 minutes to my classes, and the same thing on the way back.. and thats during express hours.. its much longer during other hours

if i could i'd skip school that day to buy it and listen.....but i don't think that'd go over very well. instead, the SECOND that i pull out i'm gonna speed like mad over to best buy, buy it, and sit in the parking lot rocking to the CD!

Wowo reading this thread makes me feel real old, and just proves that U2 have an amazing range of ages for their fans. God I still remember going to school and listening to The Unforgettable Fire when it had just been released, YES, I am THAT old!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:
Wowo reading this thread makes me feel real old, and just proves that U2 have an amazing range of ages for their fans. God I still remember going to school and listening to The Unforgettable Fire when it had just been released, YES, I am THAT old!:wink:

You young whippersnapper!

I remember AB being a freshmen in high school and loving it so much - but my memory of Zooropa - 16 - just got my license - packed into the ford festiva (it name was jose) with the tape cranked up to 11 with about 5 other friends drinking diet cokes and steak n shake milkshakes (yes they go together) is much more intense - I think it is one of the only u2 albums to be released in the summer and it always has that feel to it.

I've skipped school/clinicals/work for every u2 album since AB - this year I actually was mature and just took the day off

namkcuR said:

that's awesome!!!

my only suggestion: bring a CD player :wink:

I don't have a discman anymore, I have an IPod. And besides, I want to listen to this on my stereo system the first time I hear it.

namkcuR said:

Look at this way...IT WILL BE SOOO WORTH IT!!!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom