Does Larry care about anything besides himself?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seconds said:

So I'm a ****** idiot for stating my opinion. Am I the only ****** idiot in these bords? Or is it everybody who you disagree with?

Can't you just reply like everyone else : "I don't agree with your opinion and this is why....."

Maybe you should think about taking some anger management classes.

It's everyone who disagrees with him. He is very abusive and unreasonable.

GypsyHeartgirl said:

It's everyone who disagrees with him. He is very abusive and unreasonable.

*points and laughs

your quite miserable, id be happy if you stopped following me around everywhere. i dont need another shaddow.

i honestly think that , larry does not like touring any longer and has lost enthusiasm for just about everything except making money. if you really want to piss him off, don't buy any t-shirts at the shows. he owns the concession and the rights. HA! we do have to consider that if it weren't for him, there probably wouldn't BE a U2. ah well...larry, can't live with him, can't live without him.

:shrug:

I don't see why Bono's outside work is such a big deal all of a sudden - it's not like U2 hasn't been linked to various causes before.

I'd say it didn't affect U2 during after-Pop-before-ATYCLB time when Bono did the Drop the debt and Jubliee thing. Majority of critics and fans agree both last album and tour were a BIG success.

Besides their albums tend to take a long time.

Re: Larry and money, he has always been the most practical of the band members and has been put in charge of the merchandise. He has a head for business and has always insisted that the fans not be ripped off by the quality, price etc. I think he has every right to focus on these things, it's his band and his money! His interest in the business side of things has never eclipsed his love for the music from what I've seen.

Larry was a bit harsh with his comment about the fans, but he has always been a no bullshit sort of guy. He signed an autograph for me (again, along a line after a show) during Popmart, and I couldn't believe it. He was obviously in a good mood, because he let a fan kiss him. I think it just depends on the day. He also signed in Toronto for a group of fans. I think it's actually harder to get an autograph from Adam!

But my real question is.....what's all this about 60 minutes?!?!?!?! What did I miss? When did this happen????? :confused:

:huh: I don't really think it's fair to make assumptions about people. Larry didn't get into U2 to be a huge rock star. He likes to play the DRUMS. There's a very good quote from Bono about that too...something like how when they first started out, they were playing in Larry's house and some girls were trying to peek in and Larry got pissed off and told them to go away.

He's always been a private person, which is understandable. If I were in his position, I'm not sure I would be able to handle the situation as gracefully as someone like Bono.

As for what he said on 60 Minutes...I saw that too, and I wasn't worried about it. I mean, when he said it, he didn't sound like he was pissed off or anything. :shrug:

:hug: :larry: :hug:

Re: Newsflash! Larry is human!

flaming june said:
It's unfair for Larry to be judged so negatively for being honest and sincere. I greatly admire Bono for all his work on the causes of AIDS and debt cancellation, and I didn't feel offended by Larry's comments on 60 minutes. He was giving a truthful answer to a difficult question he was faced with. I don't think Bono can work on an album or write songs or whatever, while he is meeting with world leaders, or visiting Africa. What was Larry to say? :confused:

Besides, he posted the note. :cute: And I don't think U2 as a band could have stayed together for as long as they have if he wasn't as protective of some of the aspects of the band that perhaps Bono, Adam and Edge don't pay so much attention to, like marketing and that sort of stuff.

:heart: Larry

:hug: :yes:

Mrs. Edge said:

But my real question is.....what's all this about 60 minutes?!?!?!?! What did I miss? When did this happen????? :confused:

During the Jubilee campaign, they interviewed Bono and the band. Larry was asked point blank if he thought that Bono's commitment to charity work interfered with the band work. He said of course it did, and used the table leg analogy.

daisybean said:

During the Jubilee campaign, they interviewed Bono and the band. Larry was asked point blank if he thought that Bono's commitment to charity work interfered with the band work. He said of course it did, and used the table leg analogy.

:yes: And I think it's also important to point out (I think somebody else might have mentioned this earlier) that it wasn't as if Larry was spouting off for no apparent reason. It was kind of a leading question, and Larr Bear was just being honest. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom