Does current U2 resemble Aerosmith or Bon 7ovi the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cannot roll my eyes hard enough at this thread and all the other overreaction.

I mean, I could, but then they might pop out of my head, and I need them later.

these are the two bands i make fun of the most probably, so i hope not.

their not either one, imo, nor r they the stones.

Oh, is it satire? In that case, I'm happy for my eyes to pop out of my head and roll around on the floor.

Aerosmith, for relasing s*** "Greatest Hits" and all that.

Bon Jovi has released just one Greatest Hits (Crossroad) and a Live one, and I can't remember all Aerosmith Greatest Hits !!!. (some of them are Greatest Hits -1980-, Big Ones, Gems, O Yeah!, etc)

:madspit:

Eh. I don't think they've turned into the likes of those bands yet.

Besides, 2 best of's chronicalling 2 different decades of their 30 year output and technically only one greatest hits package released isn't bad considering how long they've been around.

The first best of came out 20 years into their career anyway.

MrBrau1 said:
They resemble REM. Another sell-out band who just released their 3rd "Best Of" album.

Oh, please, not the sell-out thing. While I think it was odd to release yet another REM "best of," if they had truly sold out, they'd still be making music that sold boatloads of CDs, rather than making music they want to make.

They're closer to Aerosmith for sure! Once great band now mediocre. The downward spiral of U2 continues. Sad.

corianderstem said:

...they'd still be making music that sold boatloads of CDs, rather than making music they want to make.

I just wish they'd be making music we'd want to hear

phattom said:

I just wish they'd be making music we'd want to hear

:shrug:

I still want to hear the music REM and U2 are putting out. If you don't, then there are lots of other bands to discover.

Let's not forget Pearl Jam who only have half the career lengthwise, and already have a double disc greatest hits and live one.

U2 resemles O2, it's just there's a rounded part on top of the U as opposed to an open end.

Pearl Jam has actually released about 70 live albums I think.

Believe they have 9 studio releases, one best of collection.

One every 9 albums isn't so bad.

If U2 was producing at the same rate they'd have released 27 studio albums, Pearl Jam has been much more prolific than U2.

3 Best ofs for U2 is just ridiculous, a blatant cash grab.

MrBrau1 said:
They resemble REM. Another sell-out band who just released their 3rd "Best Of" album.
MrBrau1 said:
MrBrau1 said:
MrBrau1 said:

toscano said:
Pearl Jam has actually released about 70 live albums I think.

Believe they have 9 studio releases, one best of collection.

One every 9 albums isn't so bad.

If U2 was producing at the same rate they'd have released 27 studio albums, Pearl Jam has been much more prolific than U2.

3 Best ofs for U2 is just ridiculous, a blatant cash grab.

They've released their bootlegs(don't know the count but many consider that a cash grab as well) and one official live album. They only have 7 studio albums prior to a two disc greatest hits.

Back
Top Bottom