Does anyone think the DVD is just OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bogeyman

Babyface
Maybe it has to do with the fact I've been to 8 shows this tour, but I thought the DVD was just kind of bland. I was pumped to put it in last night once I got home from work and I just didn't get the feeling out of it I thought I would. Obviously there is no way to compare the energy of being at the show live and seeing it on TV, but I think they did an awful job of trying to match it.

1. I thought they edited out the crowd noise way too much. The show lacked energy without it. I know they said the crowd was flat the first night and some songs were used, but I know Boston fans are louder than that.

2. Not to bring up past arguments or frustrations, but I believe I can see the "sit down" in the heart at the beginning of elevation which kind of deflated me. Look halfway out on Adam's side. You can also see Bono during Beautiful Day, pull the mike away from his mouth, look in that direction, and mouth "Come On" with this disappointed look.

3. The reason Edge throws his rant after Gone, which he confirmed on webcast, is because they butchered the song. Timing is off and seems forced. That is how some other songs seem to me.

4. Unless magic codes are broken, the extra material so far is a little disappointing. Most of the Miami footage was on the website earlier in the year, and the openings to Zoo and Popmart I have seen many times.

Oh well, just sharing some thoughts. Just a spoiled fan I guess, expecting perfection.

Back
Top Bottom