Does anyone know what the sounds at the beginning of UTEOTW is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
Does anyone know what the sounds at the beginning of Until the end of the world is? Is it instrumental or is it Elephants ? LOL

I love it!!! I usually just make the sound on my own... It's funny because I hate it when people do that but I make an exception to myself with this song....
It definitley sound like it could be both guitar and vocals

unoscatorce said:
Elephants? Hahaha!:wink:

And the song right after it (Who's Gonna ...) starts with a neat sound too. They're trying to get your achtung, baby!

They surley got my ACHTUNG, baby!!!:drool: :rockon:

I don't know what it is but i remember there was a song from Enigma that used that sound and it actualy sounded great! And for the longest time i couldn't picture where i heard that before until i realized it was UTEOTW!

prisz25 said:
I usually just make the sound on my own... It's funny because I hate it when people do that

My roommate makes guitar noises with his mouth and air drums or beats on the desk all day long and it drives me up the fucking wall. He's doing 'Killing In The Name Of' right now.

Wanker.

inmyplace13 said:

He's doing 'Killing In The Name Of' right now.

Wanker.

:lol:

That sound at the beginning of UTEOTW is one of the coolest things I've ever heard.

Honestly, is there anything in this world that's better than Achtung Baby???

inmyplace13 said:

My roommate makes guitar noises with his mouth and air drums or beats on the desk all day long and it drives me up the fucking wall. He's doing 'Killing In The Name Of' right now.

Wanker.

RATM kick ass.

I figured the sound from the beginning of UTEOTW was just a guitar? I didn't know there was all this mystique to it :ohmy:

AtomicBono said:

I figured the sound from the beginning of UTEOTW was just a guitar? I didn't know there was all this mystique to it :ohmy:

Yeah, same here! :lol:

Khanada, we've missed you! :hug:

Zootlesque said:

Yes. And I'm not thinking of The Unforgettable Fire, Lovetown, or anything U2-related at all! :laugh:

AtomicBono said:

RATM kick ass.

Yes they kick ass, but not when their guitar parts are being duplicated by someone's mouth...

Zootlesque said:

It's up there, Zooty, that's for damn sure

Last edited:
The sound at the beginning of UTEOTW is a complex one to describe and, indeed, to understand. There is a certain level of brilliance that isn't meant to be achieved by any human. It is meant only for deitic entities. When a human happens to stumble upon this level of brilliance, the level only meant for deitic entities, the human is overwhelmed and overpowered by that brilliance and is caused to make involuntary bodily movements and sounds - the brilliance can overtake its creator, because that level of brilliance isn't meant to be achieved, experienced, or even known by any human. The sound at the beginning of UTEOTW is the sound of its creator being overwhelmed and overpowered by the brilliance he and his group have created, and involuntary making wailing, siren-esque(is that a word?) sounds.

I'm insane. Will you look what I just wrote there? It's insane! :wink:

Actually, if you pay right attention, it isn't so hard to understand that it's Bono singing "LOVE LOOOOOOOOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE" through a voice processor

its not tarzan or tarzoon but its the call of a muezzin

http://i-cias.com/e.o/muezzin.htm

Arabic: mu'adhdhin: The person calling out for people to come to the mosque to perform salat, the five-daily prayer of Islam.
Traditionally the muezzin calls out the adhan from the minaret, but in more and more mosques there have been put up loudspeakers.
The institution of muezzin belongs to the customs of the prophet Muhammad's own time. The first muezzin was Bilal, who walked the streets to call the believers to come to prayer.
Large parts of the custom was undecided by the death of Muhammad: Which way one should choose for the calling, where it should be performed.
Trumpets, flags and lamps were all elements doing the adhan in the place of the muezzin. Had the development wanted things to go differently, these could all succeeded in replacing him if the debates had ended differently.
The activities of the muezzin eventually developed into rituals by themselves. The uttering of the adhan could be heard all over the cities a certain times through the day.
The first muezzins were using the roof of the mosque, or the adjacent streets, to call for peoples attention. It is believed that the institution of the muezzin — the public crier — existed in pre-Islamic Arab culture.
The acts of the muezzin is also an art form, reflected in melodious chanting of the adhan.

Back
Top Bottom