Does anyone know if this is Adam's girlfriend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2FloridaFan

New Yorker
Is this Adam's girlfriend Suzie who used to be Paul McGuiness's assistant?

friday-funeral-10.jpg

Came across this on showbizireland.com. Apparently Gavin Friday's father passed away recently and as the article says

http://www.showbizireland.com/news/july05/22-u2176.shtml

all the guys were there with their respective partners. This photo had a caption of "Adam Clayton's friend."

Anyone know???

Gavin had a band called Virgin Prunes, which among others, Guggi and Edge's brother Dick were in.

If the truth be known, I think Gavin Friday out Bono's Bono a lot of the time. lol

I saw a programme called Made in Manhatten, which was one of the best programmes I have ever seen that was about U2 but not about U2.

It was this Irish guy who was making a documentary about New York, but his connection was through Bono.

He had Bono, the Edge, Dallas Schoo, Gavin Friday, Guggi, Christy Turlington and Ed burns talk about New York city, what it meant to them and had them show their favourite places in New York.

For the record, Bono's was the memorial to John Lennon in Central Park, the Edge's was some guitar shops, Gavin talked about it in general, Guggi had his first New York solo exhibition, Christy Turlington's was a yoga studio and Ed Burns just looked kinda confused about the whole thing! lol There ws also a film director/writer, but I can't remember his name....

It was fabulous, an unexpected little gem that aired on the ABC one Sunday afternoon.

It was one of the most revealing things I have watched about U2 in the sense that it was more about the people around them and the places they live. I got more of a sense about who they were as people, rather than "U2". Do you know what I mean?

I have heard Bono say that he finds himself in others, and if that is true, to learn about the people he spends time with, it is really very interesting.

Gavin Friday rocks, and there is no doubt in my mind that Gavin was The Fly, long before Bono ever was.

*edited because I can't spell *

Last edited:
neutral said:

Interesting, cool post. I've never heard any of his music, :reject: have you?

Aw, you didn't get that MOJO mag with the U2 story? They had one song from the Virgin Prunes that came with a CD.

Weird, but interesting.

neutral said:

Interesting, cool post. I've never heard any of his music, :reject: have you?

Go get 'Shag Tobacco' from 95, one of my favourite albums in fact. Its not like the virgin prunes, its sort of a cabaret/pop sound to it, more mellow, very hard to explain!
Bono/Edge does some backing singin on it as well, its a very good album indeed.

MsMofoGone said:
If it is her ... then she changed her hair color !! :ohmy:
Susie Smith was indeed a brunette at one time !! :yes:

It looks like her hair lis longer too:eyebrow:

PopFly said:
That is not the most flattering picture of Suzie I've ever seen. She looks like Michael Hutchence in a wig.

Michael Hutchence is cuter:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom