Does anyone else think this place is out of control?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello xcelia, do you read the board before you post? Changes are in the process of being made.

Thank you

tongue.gif

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 10-14-2001).]

Out of Control?

Doesn't U2 sing a song called that? And The Rolling Stones? Does anybody else?

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

i agree. too many posts that have NOTHING to do with U2......too many immature people in here.

------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds." -Bob Marley "Redemption Song"

Yeah, like the 120 second posting gap. and I though 60 seconds was annoying!
well hopefully it will filter out useless meaningless boring crap, god knows there's enough of it.

I must learn to type slower so I don't have to do so much waiting.

While we're on the topic:

I'd like to hear peoples opinions, ideas, and thoughts here...

Lets have some restraint though and not name call, slander, or point fingers.

Constructive criticism is welcome. If you don't feel like posting in in this thread or Suggestion Box, then please email it to elvis@interference.com

Thanks,

Joel

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

I think the site should get rid of multiple usernames because CK gets confused!!

CK on the MT

PS Please trade tickets with me!!!

------------------
MSG: I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

Everything You Know Is Wrong (Forum description)

*This is the general discussion area. Primarily to be used for reactions and thoughts about U2.*

Primarily being the key word, not solely.

------------------

Sicy's Website

oh, and stop the censoring of other U2 sites. Other than that I don't have any other critism. I actaully like the crazy shit that goes on here sometimes. Makes me think I'm way normal that I really am.

CK

------------------
MSG: I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!

Although I agree with "CK on the MT" regarding censorship; we should be able to share U2-related info and give credit where credit is due as to source.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Not until you tell us what the MT is, buttmunch.

Ahh...the MT. You will never find out!!!

A loving Buttmuncher,

CK

------------------

problems? what problems?

I think the only problem is that some people take this forum too seriously and almost make it their life. This is a fan forum for God's sake! If people want to have fun in the "general discussion" forum, let it be. Remember, you don't have to read every thread. So let's just stop complaining and have fun(that's the point of this forum, isn't it?).

------------------
I'm A Hot Stud.

Originally posted by mikal:
problems? what problems?

I have a problem with you, mikal. *lol*
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

problems? what problems?

I think the only problem is that some people take this forum too seriously and almost make it their life. This is a fan forum for God's sake! If people want to have fun in the "general discussion" forum, let it be. Remember, you don't have to read every thread. So let's just stop complaining and have fun(that's the point of this forum, isn't it?).

Amen!!

CK

------------------

What I wish is that Everything You Know Is Wrong be a Genreal U2 discussion area, and that Lemonade Stand be a general discussion area for everythign under the sun. I think that would work fine. I may post this in suggestion box in a couple minutes, but probably not as i have to study for a huge test tomorrow.

problems? what problems?

right on mikal. we're all great fans of a great band and we're to discuss, among other things, said band. of course we're going to discuss non-U2 things in here, this is where everyone is. sicy clarified the 'primarily' point best and i think for the most part U2 related posts stay U2 focused, U2-are-hotties posts stay within PLEBA(i assume, seeing that i've only held my breath and ventured in their once and the thread i saw on bono and edge being ummm, elevated will keep me out for some time), and the french fry posts stay focused on french fries.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Well we all know that EYKIW forum is really more of a forum about U2 fans and than specifically about U2. I LOVE the variety!!!!

Like the pics of Johnny Swallow's girlfriend. I think that's great. This place is about U2 fans!!!!

I'd much rather see posts like that, than re-hash the same old U2 posts of the same topics over and over again.

Please don't censor! This happens every few months or so, and turns this place upside down. It's a group of friends that talk about a variety of things, who all happen to like U2!!!!

Mark
http://www.mp3.com/madelyniris

Originally posted by TripThruUreWires:
whatever. you guys can all kiss my immature ass! bunch of stiffs
rolleyes.gif

*kiss*

LOL

Actually, I totally agree... but that being said, will probably result in horrible flaming and actions taken against me... oh well!

[This message has been edited by ~unforgettableFOXfire~ (edited 10-14-2001).]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What did I do?

It's what you didn't do, studmuffin...
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I Don't Know You,
But You Don't Know The Half Of It..."

No one is ever going to come up with a better system than this one so accept the fact this place is the way it is and lemonade stand is the way it is. Don't fight a fact, deal with it!

~rougerum

Hmmm I just realised that ol Salome is a mod now, mostly because I dont read every single post, I only noticed it on the header thing... This doesnt bode well for me, since I tend to say stupid things on a very frequent basis...

My two cents:

This forum is a great place for all U2 fans to share our views about everything, whether the discussion relates to U2 or not. In that respect, this place is awesome.

On the negative side, I think this forum gets very eccentric at times. People get so wrapped up in their online selves, that they develop big egos and try to make others feel like they own the place.

All I am saying is there should always be an effort to include, rather than exclude. The U2 culture has enough room for many different types of personalities and ideas.

I want to read what the typically quiet people have to say about things just as much as I want to read what the 10,000 post regular has to say.

AJ

mikal, kobayashi and Madelyniris thank you and I agree with your statements.

I think one point we should think about is that it is impossible to please everyone.

------------------

Sicy's Website

I wouldn't say that things here are out of control necessarily. The closest to out of control I've seen them is when people allow communication to become combative to the point of name calling, and that is where I feel Elvis draws the line, and rightly so. It has nothing to do with censorship, but conducting yourself in a manner that shows repect to people despite differences of opinion.

I hear people talk alot about just having fun in here, and I'm all for fun, but I also want to talk about U2 without having to sift through a mountain of silly post. I realize that there is a place somewhere in this forum for silliness. It seems that people want to be notice in their silliness or they wouldn't post in the forum where the largest contigent of people come to, and it can be a little frustrating, but just in the context again of having to sift through a lot of post that could be in possibly the forum Lemonade Stand or elsewhere. I know what people will say...then just skip them, and I do, but it is still frustrating. That is just my observation.

Also, I hear about people saying that we shouldn't take this place so serious. Well I take the music of U2 very serious, and I also take the feelings of others in this forum serious...and I don't retort to the idea that this is not reality. I've met several people from this forum and they are indeed real people, with real feelings and ideas, and I welcome the chance to hear their views and feelings about U2.

Elvis, thanks again for the U2community you've created here, and for the chance for this U2 fan to have met other U2 fans from around the world.

Chris

I'd say it's getting a bit boring though. Personality forum rather than an opinion forum. And a lot of the prominent personalities are mere one-trick ponies!

Get a new joke!!
smile.gif

...and if we could get a few more sexy people...this fourm would be complete..

Thank You
Diamond

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An "open letter"-re-Bos#4 to Bono from me-click here to view--- www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Back
Top Bottom