Does anyone else find navigating on U2.COM hard????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I can navigate my way around this site easily, it just never comes up with all of the links, maybe I am viewing it with the wrong software or something, can anyone help???, like for instance what I generally find is stuff like in the site areas up the top the only one I can get to is the albums- I know that there are more icons up there, but they just dont come up- what is this all about?????
smile.gif

In answer to your first q.YES!!!!!!!! I find it nigh on impossible, but the fault lies at my end(old low-powered gear), so it's like the candy store is closed for me
biggrin.gif

BUT Aurora...there is always Aunty ABC. If like me,you are home tonight, watch the Parkinson interview with Sting and Billy Connolly 9.30pm tonight.It's classic, very moving. They talk about their memories of their dads and the dynamic between Sting and Billy is hilarious.
**cass leaves Aurora a sundial to help her navigate** you may not get anywhere but it looks attractive as a garden ornament.
PS: my sons just bought home excellent school reports..woohooooo
biggrin.gif
but 7 weeks school holiday lie ahead. Oh no, the net police, they don't let me sneak "goes".lol
PSS: did you see the Kite film clip on RAGE last night , the stroke of midnight? I LOVE Edge's guitar strap...unique.And was Bono kidding? "thanks for hanging around" lmao understatement of the year that is. Our pleasure man!! Come to Oz, we'll hang around...with bells on!!!
Peace Aurora.

Originally posted by cass:
In answer to your first q.YES!!!!!!!! I find it nigh on impossible, but the fault lies at my end(old low-powered gear), so it's like the candy store is closed for me

is that when you enter the lite site or the flash. is the only difference the intro or is there more to it?

------------------
against smileys

I rarely go there. All the breaking news is here anyways and their forums are near as fun.
tongue.gif

I have no problems with the site whatsoever.
I like the Time line idea. I thought that was a great way to piece together the complete history of U2.

However if the time line is too difficult for some people (though I don't understand how since its a chronological listing of U2 events, single, album and video releases that scrolls horizontally) there's a row of buttons (the second one) that'll take you to the respective areas of the site.

Tried to go there when it was first up but really don't like it so I stay away.

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Actually, the fundamental problem I see with U2.com is that they have crammed just about everything they possibly can on the main page (including too much text). They should reduce the main page menu selections to just a scant few broad categories and then make it so one has to drill for the rest, and of course it would all be connected in a logical fashion.

Instead, the web designer violated the first rule of web design 101 and made the main page way too f***ing cluttered!

Yeah, I cant stand how its set up either. Very confusing and takes too much time. Or maybe I'm just a ditz.
confused.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
Totally! I have a small monitor so can only access the top left hand corner of the site!

mad.gif

This is exactly what I am talking about- I too only have a small monitor and the timelines dont even show up on my monitor- like the section in the right part of the screen I wanted to get to the tours section and the only one I could access was the albums and I can never scroll to the end of soemthing as it just wont let me- it is a bad, bad and annoying site........

Back
Top Bottom