Does anyone else expect..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Does anyone else expect an album announcement to come sometime this upcoming month? title, tracklist and release date?

It would give them part of Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan to promote it before the first single comes out which is rumored to be in February and then the album in March.

I'm hoping for an announcement of the sorts sometime mid-late this month...

anyone else agree?

I'm hoping for something this month. I think an announcement will most likely be this month or early November.

I'm guessing the announcement will come in November.....of 2004.

And we'll get the album in March.......of 2005.

Actually, we've all missed the boat. The announcement came on September the 40th, 1463.

</sarcasm>

The 2004 calendar is of all new pictures. So they're obviously doing some of the photography. I imagine the bicycle pictures will be in album sleave, as will some of those others. So that is encouraging that we'll have an early 2004 release.

Annoucement....Nov.late.2003.

the pics are old im sure i have seen them before (the bicycle pictures) i think they were taken when u2 made the video for walk on(with them playing football)

if ther is a word out there that thoes cal pics are new then thats good news. but im sure they are old pics.

shaun vox said:
the pics are old im sure i have seen them before (the bicycle pictures) i think they were taken when u2 made the video for walk on(with them playing football)

if ther is a word out there that thoes cal pics are new then thats good news. but im sure they are old pics.

I believe them to be more recent, because the band members look older. Adam was not grey during Elevation, but he really is in those pictures. Bono doesn't look like Elevation Bono either.

You may remember the whole shit came down in late July 2000, with the 30 second snippets, and the leak of Beautiful Day to THIS website. The album came out almost exactly 90 days later. The tracklisting came out at the same time, I don't remember the exact order of events. The album title was first. The tracklisting was next. Then as U2.com were previewing 2 tracks at a time, someone got a hold of all the clips and we all shared them.

Then I think it was only a few weeks later when BD was leaked.

I would guess that if it happens soon, that might mean we are within 90 days of a new album. Or something like that.

The_acrobat said:

I believe them to be more recent, because the band members look older. Adam was not grey during Elevation, but he really is in those pictures. Bono doesn't look like Elevation Bono either.

I think they are old photos and besides Adam has been grey for years he just dyed his barnet before.

I'm pretty sure they're old; I've seen a few of them before (March, most notably). There was also a magazine with a picture of them on the bicycles.

Anyhows U2 are currently doing photos for the album in London with Anton C (see U2log.com)

That's why their releasing the "Slane DVD" in Novermeber. They are going to use that before they say anything about the new album.

Back
Top Bottom