does anybody know what this clip is from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this may be an outtake from R&H. Yeah they originally wrote this song late 80's wanting Willie Nelson to record it, then at one point tried to record it for Zooropa with some Zooropa textures added to it, but it ended up just being an acoustic b-side, and then finally Willie recorded it after that with Bono and Edge.

Edge has his 89 look, so I'm guessing it was recorded during LoveTown. Looks like some kind of radio gig.

Ah -- this from U2-vertigo-tour.com:

"Slow Dancing: This song was sung live over four years before its release as a b-side on late November 1993's Stay single (it reappeared as a b-side again during the Pop era, this time as a duet with Willie Nelson). Slow Dancing's first airing took place in the early hours of 21 October 1989, when Bono sung some of it on Australian radio, and its concert debut came on 1 December 1989."

Love love love this song , recently been playin it a lot , to me it's even better than it's A Side :D

Actually Stay Came from SD

Same chord progression , only different tune

SD : F G C ............ then some changes

Stay : E F#m B

thanks for your help everyone!

I agree with you J_NP, what an incredible, simple song. They really picked up some tricks in the late 80s...

Back
Top Bottom