Does anybody know about ZooTV on DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I don't even own a VHS player, and the tape is pretty much unavailable anyway.... Will it ever come out on DVD?
Along with Under A Blood Red Sky and the Popmart live from Mexico City?

Has anybody ever read something on this?

I remember there were some rumors earlier this year that they were to be released at the end of '04, but obviously, I find that hard to be justified at this current time. SO, to answer your question, I have no idea :crazy: Sorry :yikes:

...nice username, btw :D

:tsk:

Whoever's responsible for those releases,
you'll have to do better.

Thanks btw.

It combines my love for Lennon and U2!

Blue Room said:

Oh come on, Blue Room, there is at least one more thread on this subject newer than that. This comes up all the time abd I always say the same thing. A video store owner told me 2 years ago ZOO was eventually coming but Pop would never come out because it was not a big seller and was being shelved.

Since then I have heard that ZOO cannot be put on DVD format because it was taped from a pay per view special and did not have the quality needed to transfer to DVD and make it look good enough to sell.

I have it on DVD, with custom menu etc..

Also Best of 80-90, Popmart & Under A Blood Red Sky are VHS tapes now on DVD with custom made menu's etc.

It's great :)

Actually I thought it was popmart that will never make it to DVD. Something was wrong with the recording.

Yeah, plenty of threads have dealt with this matter.

I actuallly contacted Ned O'Hanlan at Dream chaser about this.

And he did tell me older shows would go to DVD...so I dont' know how valid the Pay per view excuse and the popmart wasn't a big enough seller excuse are.

I bought a set on e-Bay that had Popmart Mexico, Zoo TV Sydney, Under A Blood Red Sky, Achtung Cameos & Videos, and Unforgetable Fire. It was $69.99, I bet that it is still on there because they had a few more sets. It is definately worth the price! Everyone of the dvds are GREAT! Shipping was free when I purchased it, I don't know if it was just a special or what. So if you see this listed it is a great buy!

I love on Popmart right before....I think it is EBTTRT starts Bono says, "I'm just a little guy, but you make me feel so big." His smile is priceless. Oh, does anyone happen to know what he is saying in spanish after he says that? I don't speak spanish so I have no clue as to what he is saying.

clementine_rose said:
I bought a set on e-Bay that had Popmart Mexico, Zoo TV Sydney, Under A Blood Red Sky, Achtung Cameos & Videos, and Unforgetable Fire. It was $69.99, I bet that it is still on there because they had a few more sets. It is definately worth the price! Everyone of the dvds are GREAT! Shipping was free when I purchased it, I don't know if it was just a special or what. So if you see this listed it is a great buy!

I love on Popmart right before....I think it is EBTTRT starts Bono says, "I'm just a little guy, but you make me feel so big." His smile is priceless. Oh, does anyone happen to know what he is saying in spanish after he says that? I don't speak spanish so I have no clue as to what he is saying.

Those would obviously be bootlegs. Since all were pro shots they do look and sound great but not compared to an official digital release with surround sound.

:lol: U2Kitten, I just didnt feel like typing the samed canned response I do everytime this subject comes up. Half of my info comes from you on this subject anyway! ;)

I think the filming format being an excuse for Zoo not being put to DVD that someone else mentioned as a possibility is a load though. Look at all the older films that were not on digital that were remastered and put to DVD and look fantastic. Its a matter of marketing and demand. If thats there it will be put to DVD eventually.

Last edited:
I find it odd that Popmart won't come out on DVD considering MOFO (live from Mexico City) is on the "Best of" DVD...it seems OK on there, so why not put the rest of it on there as well? Also, there are the teasers for Popmart and ZOO on the disc that came with the "Best of" CD (am I remembering that correctly? It's in the other room and I don't want to go dig for it!). So if those are on DVD, even in snippet form, I wonder why they won't just give in to our ridiculous obsession and release them on DVD already--hey, they could make it a "box set" and we'd buy the Popmart concert right along with the ZOOTV one!

Come on, never coming out? :eyebrow:
They release Hollywood flops from the 40's and 30's and all sorts of stuff, but they can't please the
millions of U2 fans... I'll never get to see Popmart now!

I am baffled by this too. Why doesn’t u2 release their other videos to DVD? I want Zootv on DVD as well Popmart and if their reasoning is they don’t think Popmart will sell well, then why don’t they sell the DVDs on their own website. That way it would cut down on the copies that stores don’t actually sell, and quit frankly I see why they couldn’t sell all their singles on the website too. It’s going to be u2 fans that what them anyways there is not going to be a mass market for their older videos. There got to be some reason and what would it be?
If management is waiting till Christmas or Christmas 2006 to get them on DVD and be promoted I can’t see it being a big market for them.

The videos should be released now all there really doing is moving one standard to another, like they did to Rattle and Hum and wasn’t really a buildup when it went to DVD.
My though is u2 should be release them on their website.

Come on u2 quit stalling and get these videos out there is no excuse for being busy because the videos are already made the production people are done HTDAAB.

Cheers

U2fly

Last edited:
All I know is the seller that I had purchased the dvds from said that the dvds "Are the real deal." If they are bootleg dvds, I sure wouldn't have bought them if I had known that. I figured that they were finally released on dvd. Well, they are still great dvds and were well worth the money.

clementine_rose said:
All I know is the seller that I had purchased the dvds from said that the dvds "Are the real deal." If they are bootleg dvds, I sure wouldn't have bought them if I had known that. I figured that they were finally released on dvd. Well, they are still great dvds and were well worth the money.

could you post a couple of screencaps of popmart?

I am new here, and I don't even know what a screencap is? I am computer challenged....lucky I even know how to post a thread on here, or even turn on a computer. If you let me know what it is and how to do it I will try.

I don't know why this doesn't come out on DVD because of the 'Classic Albums' edition of Joshua Tree. This DVD has many many excerpts of the ZooTV video, especially it's version of "Running To Stand Still". The DVD quality is there, I have no clue why they don't release ZooTV to DVD....

:huh:

Converting the audio into 5.1 is pretty complicated especially considering 5.1 wasn't yet widely used in 1993, and probably that concert wasn't recorded in 5.1. If it were to be just a stereo DVD, it would defeat the purpose of having it on DVD. Getting together the bonuses, artwork, and the band's having the screen it and watch it and approve it before release --- well all of this make it more complicated for U2 who are now busy promoting their new album. So I am sure it will take some time, maybe after the end of HTDAAB Tour.

Cheers,

J

Listen, they made Star Wars (it's 27 years since it premiered) sound better than most movies today.
It can be done.

clementine_rose said:

well, that seller lied to you. :|: i traded for pop mexico and zoo sydney for free.

Back
Top Bottom