Does anybody absolutely love the Lemon video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blood red edge

The Fly
After reading several threads, I'm under the strong impression that many people love the song Lemon.

Yes, I love that song, but who likes the Lemon video? I personally think it's the best video they've made.

What does anybody else think?

It's definately one of my favorites, I love the concept, the uniqueness, just how it was unlike anything else in '93, just like the song.

Best alternative album? No. Best album period.

Definetly one of the coolest vids... right up there with Numb, EBTTRT, Streets and I Will Follow.. er, maybe not that one.

------------------
Pictures in grey...

It's been too long a day to getting into why I love the song/video so much, so here is a brief synopsis:

It's just fucking great. Everything about
it.

------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, cool buzz, and I'm fine.

I love the video! I just watched it today while going through some old tapes.

------------------
PLEBA: It's Just A Stinkin' Forum!!!!!!! Yeesh!!!!!!!

Yeah, the Lemon video is a good one. It's just so bizarre, that I'm fascinated by it. I have the Pop up video of it somewhere on tape, but I can't find the tape.

Originally posted by ericb:
Yeah, the Lemon video is a good one. It's just so bizarre, that I'm fascinated by it. I have the Pop up video of it somewhere on tape, but I can't find the tape.

I have the Pop Up version as well.

------------------
PLEBA: It's Just A Stinkin' Forum!!!!!!! Yeesh!!!!!!!

Bono's reaction to the video on "U2 Does Much" in May was pretty cool. I guess he hadn't seen it in a few years and they played it between interview segments. He seemed fascinated by Macphisto, then went on to describe the birth of the character. Very interesting.

Lemons are best when served in B&W.

biggrin.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Hey- yeah! This is one of my favorites- definitely. It rocks, and I love it!

By far the best U2 video - have always loved it and the song. It is sort of hypnotic, I don't know why. It grabs you straight away - the first time I saw it I was blown away and i still have the same reaction!
A few months ago I was in the Miss Shop section of Grace Bros (department store in Sydney) and saw the Lemon clip on 6 televisions at once WOW !!

Pamela

I loved all the videos from Zooroopa. Especially Stay. It was great to be a fan of U2 during that era (93) because they were so drastically different from anything going on at the time. Which was mostly grunge, and grunge, oh and grunge was popular so grunge dominated the video and air waves.

Did I mention grunge was popular back then?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

thanks Ivan. the video I have, I recorded off of MTV back at the Discotheque premier, when they played all the U2 videos from A to Z, so I have all of them to that date.

Love Lemon too.

Incidentally, I think the idea for the video came from some mad art exhibition from the 70s. Think of the Lemon video, taken as black and white stills, of this bloke jumping around and lying down etc on a cube and you get the idea!

somebody send me a copy!
somebody send me a copy NOW!
somebody send me a feckin copy NOW for feck sake!
somebody send ame a feckin BIG feckin copy now or elvis gets pronged in his nether regions by McPhisto's big prong!!!!!!!

hang on now

u all DO know what I mean, right?

a giant fork???

biggrin.gif

I think the Zooropa album sold more copies in the US based on video airplay than anything else. I don't remember one song from that album being played on the radio, and I know all 3 singles didn't crack the top 40. I guess being released so soon after Achtung Baby didn't hurt either though.

I love the Lemon vid, one of my favs! It just so unique, so
cool.gif
!!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 10-01-2001).]

I dont like that song nor that damn video esp w/Bono prancing around like a damn fruit-cake...
And yes my name is "diamond".
And know I am not afraid to state my opinion.

Thank You
D
B

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 10-01-2001).]

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:
I dont like that song nor that damn video esp w/Bono prancing around like a damn fruit-cake...
And yes my name is "diamond".
And know I am not afraid to state my opinion.

Ok I never agree with anything you say, and for the record I dont agree with this either but ROTFLMFAEOOWEUROE!!!11!!!

That was funny.

jump31.gif

------------------
righteousdiamonds still arent people too. ?

Lemon, both song and video are about as good as it gets. I love ATYCLB, think that it's one of the very best albums U2 have ever made and yet still miss the insane creativity going on in the U2 camp back in 1993.

MP

Back
Top Bottom