Do you think we will ever see Macphisto again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Obviously, I don't think he will be around on this tour, it just wouldn't fit. Still, you've got to admit that Macphisto is one of the most hilarious and creative things Bono has ever done. It not only showed us his acting abilities, but it was so entertaining!

Macphisto has made a big impact on the fans. I dare say that even the Fly did not have such a lasting effect. People I know still love to watch his appearance during the ZooTV concert video. The U2News logo is a globe with the horns on it! And even at the concerts every once in a while you hear about someone who dresses up like him.

Bono has got to know that a lot of people really thought MacPhisto was a cool idea, and something that really spiced up the shows. Especially due to the fact that MacPhisto only appeared in a few shows (never on American soil), and yet it is still one of the most well known things Bono has done. With that, do you think he will ever perform as MacPhisto again?

I totally love MacPhisto. I really wish that Bono would have gone along with the Hollywood types and played him in Batman Forever as was planned.

I would put the chances of him ever coming back almost astronomically low though

It looks to me like Bono has been very Fly-like on this tour, and is maybe out to, not recreate, but maybe recapture that type of image, which is great to me because that's my favorite! There have been some AB-era pics I have run across and could've sworn they were recent! Bono can still be the Fly, and I love his rendition of the Fly on this tour! If he can still be like The Fly, he can also pull of MacPhisto! I hope to see a little retro-MacPhisto action on the next tour, that would be so cool!

------------------
~Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free, with myself~

We need that bastard to come back!!!

------------------
Lift My Days
Light Up My Nights

i serve MacPhisto, i am from norman okla USA, I registered in feb 2001, & have 2146 posts
confused.gif

Originally posted by Dalton Brother:
I wish, but I'd probably bet my left nut that we won't see the likes of him.....

"Midnight is where the day begins..."

Dalton

you are nuts
wink.gif

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I really wish that Bono would have gone along with the Hollywood types and played him in Batman Forever as was planned.

The only problems I see with that are that they would a) destroy the character with background from a Batman movie and b) make him lose because he is the villan

Oh dear sweet god, I hope so...
I never got to see Mr Macphisto who is my favorite thing about U2 the first time around, so if he does make a comeback I would move heaven and earth (so to speak) to get there somehow...SIGH.
*off to daydream about the return of Mr Macphisto and NOT to study*
-Bluephisto

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

God I hope so.... MacPhisto is my fvorite charachter of all time. I would for go food for weeks to see that....

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

i'm stealing this idea from bluey, but who could blame me?
wink.gif

they are playing a show on halloween and it's larry's birthday!

i think he should reappear then.
biggrin.gif

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

"Look What You've done to me...."

------------------
Nate

"Ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush"

-Zoo Station

Back
Top Bottom