Do you think U2 will finish the new album BEFORE the 2002 Europe tour starts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Room

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I think they will get it done. They may run a few weeks into that tour to complete it though. They did this for the Zooropa album previously. They flew back to Dublin after every show for the first month on the Zooropa tour so they could work on the Zooropa album. We are looking at roughly the same type of time frame. Actually they have a little more time now as the Zooropa tour started in May, this tour is not suppose to begin until mid July. It will probebly be like Zooropa in that they will slowly start incorporating the new songs into the show. Zooropa they were only playing Numb and Stay and it progressed from there.

Regarding the stage setup. Apparantly it will be somewhat different based on the reports from Sweden. My guess is though that it will be similiar to the setup you saw at the Italian show and the Slane show with a few modifications.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 12-31-2001).]

Sorry for the dumb question but the previous post raises the question: what was the setup like for the Italy/Slane shows? I assume they were outdoor shows? Was there a heart? Was the entire floor GA w/no seats? ??

Blue Room: What have you heard about Sweden? More then that they will play here and that it's a stadium. Is it that you are referring too, the stadium? You made me nervous now that I've missed something.

Oviedo: Yes they had the heart but it was bigger. In Italy I believe it held about 2000 and in Slane about 5-600 instead of the 250-300 indoors. And they didn't have any people behind the stage. At Slane the main stage was higher and they had built a small ramp on the level of the reiling and it was stairs from the main stage down to that ramp for Bono to use.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Alternatively, do you think they'll do it later but they might play some new songs?

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

I doubt they will finish or release the album before that time....
It would be cool if they previewed some new songs though, as a lot of bands seem to do these days....
I wonder if they will keep the stage setup the same or if they'll come up with a new idea. Was the stage setup for Lovetown the same as the Joshua Tree Tour?

The way album releases seem to go these days (I'm talking about anyone, not just U2) I think it very unlikely that U2 will release another new album less than two years after their last one.

But nothing is impossible.

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

Back
Top Bottom