Do you think this will end the out-of-control Pop era?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U

U2Gator

God I hope so after seeing the worst MTV VMA's ever. That would be the only thing good to come out of this.

Its amazing how it takes this to make MTV remember that music is about much more than money and advertising (how many poeple did you hear promote their album at teh VMAS??? It was a f()*ing commercial!!!!).

But like i just dont think our country would be able to stomach britney or nysnc after this. And it makes me mad that MTV and VH1 are so blatantly admitting to how blasphemous they are by making the obvious change of music play. They have done a 180 turn, and the music they are playing now is good and meaningful. It makes me mad that they have known for all these years what good music is and have been ignoring it. Just think of what our country's kids would be like if they were exposed to the intelligent kind of music we have been seeing all week from the beginning.

poop on MTV and VH1!!!!!

I like MTV, but then again I eat my own crap!!!

------------------
Make Love!
Not War

Originally posted by U2Gator:

poop on MTV and VH1!!!!!

Those is some pow'ful words, son. You best think long and hard a'fore sayin' somethin' like that.

(That was a pretty good southern accent, huh?!)

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Originally posted by U2Gator:

Its amazing how it takes this to make MTV remember that music is about much more than money and advertising (how many poeple did you hear promote their album at teh VMAS??? It was a f()*ing commercial!!!!).

It doesn't bother me that they came right out and said why artists show up to awards shows as "presenters". Did you reeeeeally think all those artists showed up only to see other artists perform and then not get the award??? GET REAL
rolleyes.gif
AWARDS SHOWS ARE MARKETING EXTRAVAGANZAS

Back
Top Bottom