do you think that there's strength in bono's sunglasses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
The glasses contain fantastic lasers that shoot out nourishment into the souls of African children.

Current projections indicate that glasses armed with anti-retroviral drugs will be available in late 2007.

On a serious note, I honestly think that if Bono didn't have those sunglasses permanently attached to his face, he'd get a lot less crap from the general public. He has really expressive eyes (case in point: the OOTS video) but the glasses kill his expression and he looks like just another asshole celebrity with a cause. It's a silly little superficial thing, but I think it makes a big difference in whether people believe in his sincerity.

you arent wearing sunglasses in your pic with Bono

so i guess you dont wear them ALL the time

He ages 10 years the second he takes them off. I'm sure he knows that. This is a guy who wears platform shoes and is posing in every photo these days with an arm across his stomach pulling whatever jacket/shirt he's wearing in tighter. He may have "allergies", he may have "sensitive eyes", but he's also branded himself behind those glasses, and knows it, and is also obviously very self-aware.

I've noticed that it's the 2nd thread straight that u2man writes

Do you think ..... Bono

Nonetheless what :lol: I got on this

Earnie Shavers said:
He ages 10 years the second he takes them off. I'm sure he knows that. This is a guy who wears platform shoes and is posing in every photo these days with an arm across his stomach pulling whatever jacket/shirt he's wearing in tighter. He may have "allergies", he may have "sensitive eyes", but he's also branded himself behind those glasses, and knows it, and is also obviously very self-aware.

God, that arm thing of his drives me nuts. But I have to disagree strongly about the sunglasses making him look younger -- again, I'll point to the OOTS video. I was relatively new in my U2 fandom when that came out, and my reaction when he took off the glasses? "Holy crap, he look great."

Chizip said:
you arent wearing sunglasses in your pic with Bono

so i guess you dont wear them ALL the time

It wasn't sunny where I was standing, nor was it windy.
I thought however, that I had my orange glasses similiar to his on top of my head when I took the picture. After I saw my pictures I realized they weren't there. I had taken them off to see him in all his glory.

If I didn't take them off he would not have given me the compliment on my blue eyes.

P.gif

Earnie Shavers said:
To make the perfect capture, you forgot to mention the V fingers (of victory) in every picture he appears.

Earnie Shavers said:

ding ding ding, we have a winner

To feel safe means you aren't feeling unsafe.
To feel secure means you aren't feeling insecure.

The funny thing is, his eyes would be sensitive to light. The guy has worn sunglasses for 15 years. OF COURSE his eyes are sensitive now.

Earnie Shavers said:
To feel safe means you aren't feeling unsafe.
To feel secure means you aren't feeling insecure.

The funny thing is, his eyes would be sensitive to light. The guy has worn sunglasses for 15 years. OF COURSE his eyes are sensitive now.

People with clear blue eyes such as his tend to be sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom