Do you think that the floor should be GA for the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you want GA for the next tour?

• Yes

Votes: 64 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I vote no because if I go to a concert on the next tour, I will probably go with Dad cuz we've had so much fun on the last two tours, and he would most likely not be able to line up early.

I say YES because I hate it how on ZooTV and PopMart I would bust ass to get good seats and no matter how hard I tried I would end up in like, row 115.

And I would see the VIPs (whatever that means in a place like St. Louis) sitting in the front rows.

GA is a pain in the ass but I think it gives real fans a chance to get close to the band.

Hell, I'd sit outside for two days again anytime.

I had GA for the last show at the meadowlands in new jersey and I didn't line up early, but it was still the best concert experience of my life. Who needs chairs when you are on the floor at a U2 concert anyway?

Hitman

Yes For GA Stadiums - Arenas ,
but if U2 will try something Theatre-alike , seats will be good too.
i don't want seats . Bruce Too.

I voted that I dont care either way. I did GA for 7 of the 8 shows on Elevation and made it to the heart all 7 times. But honestly, it really got old waiting outside all day. Especially on the 3rd leg in Chicago!! It was awful! Not to mention the anxiety of "will I get into the heart?" or crappy handling by the venue of the GA situation (ie San Diego, Montreal and Detroit) The only positive was meeting other cool U2 fans.

My plan for the next tour is to do mainly reserved seating. If they do GA again (which I think they will) I may try it once or twice. So for me personally, I dont care if they do GA again or not. If they do, I think they need to have some type of staging that separates the crowd (ie the heart) or GA can become dangerous and/or extremely uncomfortable. I remember seeing some very angst ridden faces on the outside of the heart at a few shows because of the pushing/crush out there.

Last edited:
i voted no. GA lines for the smaller concerts i went to worked out fine, but for the larger ones, it kinda reminded me of the infamous who concert. people can just be a bit of a jerk in times like that. although i did still get good seats, so i don't know. i think it has its advantages and disadvantages, really.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Yes.

How am I going to get the other drumstick?

Exactly what I'm thinking.

It's lonely on the shelf with just one.

I would be very happy to have a repeat of something like this

YES YES!!! YES
PLEASE:yes: :yes: :yes:

although the dream is getting a wee bit further away.........hurry up U2 :yes:

Attachments

• u2-anz.jpg
    u2-anz.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 30
cass, is that a pic from the Brisbane Zoomerang show? Never seen a pic from that one very cool. Pity no recording has ever surfaced of it.

No because after almost 20 years of being a fan and having never managed to see them live, I wouldn't appreciate being trampled under to be able to get a more or less decent view. In addition I've queued at GA lines for years and it's high time I gave myself a break and managed to whiz into my fave band's concert fresh and relaxed to enjoy the show.

YES of course! Why not? Those who don't like it or can't line up early can always buy themselves a reserved seat. Let those of us who want it have that choice, just like last time!

Last edited:
YES! Although it wasn't too fun freezing my ass off lining up for the 10/16 Chicago show, it was definitely worth it. Nothing can compare to being so incredibly close to the band.

Definetly.

I think it was an awesome idea. That way, you end with people who REALLY want to be there front row. Not a bunch of stuffy suited VIPS.

Definitely!

I think the most important reason is that I believe it increases the energy in the building. Without seats, the throng onthe florr bounces, dances, etc. and creates an electric energy.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Definetly.

I think it was an awesome idea. That way, you end with people who REALLY want to be there front row. Not a bunch of stuffy suited VIPS.

WELL, not exactly. The trend on Elevation was to let about 200 to 250 "fans" in the heart. The rest were VIP's. Chicago 4 on the 1st leg was ridiculous. They probebly let 180 "fans" in that night. Fortunately I got in the heart but I was surrounded by people who were more interested and talking about getting another beer and where they were going to hang out afterwards instead of them watching the show.

So GA doesnt solve that problem completely.

Last edited:
i loved and hated GA.

i loved it because it allowed me to be closer to band than imaginable.

but it was just so damn stressful.

Blue Room said:

WELL, not exactly. The trend on Elevation was to let about 200 to 250 "fans" in the heart. The rest were VIP's. Chicago 4 on the 1st leg was ridiculous. They probebly let 180 "fans" in that night. Fortunately I got in the heart but I was surrounded by people who were more interested and talking about getting another beer and where they were going to hang out afterwards instead of them watching the show.

So GA doesnt solve that problem completely.

Ah...I didn't know that. :censored: these places. Really. Why do they do this? I can't stand to be around people who are more concerned with going out afterward, or beer, or getting stoned, than they are about the show (I was near a few of those people when I saw Coldplay...it wasn't fun)

...at least GA does help though.

But:
Originally posted by mikal
i loved and hated GA.

i loved it because it allowed me to be closer to band than imaginable.

but it was just so damn stressful.

I agree wholeheartedly (get it...whole HEART edly? ;) I know...cheesy)

:|

Back
Top Bottom