do you think any member of u2 has ever been using any hard drugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge shroomed, Im sure throughout the course of 30 years being in a band like this theyve experienced some shit.

I think it's naive to think they haven't touched ANY hard drugs. I'm glad that they never got pulled into addiction and they're still going strong today :)

i always thought bono was on something during the zoo-tv/zooropa tour.

Didn't they all smell napalm on ZOOTV ?

Last edited:
I'm sure some, most or all of them have done cocaine at some point. Heroin? Probably not. Crack? Doubt it.

Maybe some acid, and probably some ecstacy during the 90s at some point... you know, as "research."

I don't know, I wouldn't be so sure. :eyebrow:

Well we know Adam was done for marijuana in '85, but AFAIK that's the only confirmed case. The only other in any way believable mention was a "rumour" in Flanagan's U2 at the End of the World book that Edge once tried mushrooms to see what they were like.

TBH, although I could of course be wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if Edge (by and large), Mullen and Bono barely touched/didn't do drugs at all, apart from that.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
I don't know, I wouldn't be so sure. :eyebrow:

Well we know Adam was done for marijuana in '85, but AFAIK that's the only confirmed case. The only other in any way believable mention was a "rumour" in Flanagan's U2 at the End of the World book that Edge once tried mushrooms to see what they were like.

TBH, although I could of course be wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if Edge (by and large), Mullen and Bono barely touched/didn't do drugs at all, apart from that.

The shroom story isn't a rumor. Edge admitted to it.

http://pics.livejournal.com/mrtheedge2u/pic/0006af9y

From a 2001 Hot Press interview of Tricky:

HP: "Are there any celebrity musicians you do get along with?"

Tricky: "Actually, I get on with Bono real well. He’s one of the funniest people I’ve ever met. He’s nothing like what I first expected. For one of the biggest rock stars in the world, he’s so not a celebrity. He’s almost like a comedian celebrity. I’ve never seen anyone like him. I took mushrooms with him in Jamaica and I was just rolling on the floor, man. There aren’t many people I’d just listen to telling stories, but when I’m with him, I can sit down and listen to him for two or three hours and just not say anything. You know, he can do impressions of people and shit. He cracks me up. I just like Bono’s personality, full stop. What I like about him is that he doesn’t hate anything. Like me, I hate everything. His attitude is to be cool with everybody. I sometimes wish I could be more like that."

SpaceOddity said:

If anything, I think he was wasted rather than high. LOL.

:lol: so true, so true. I love on the R&H Outtakes after the Washington, DC show where Bono dislocates his shoulder....he gets into the car and starts swiggin' away the pain. :drunk:

Everytime I try to "educate" my family with a U2 dvd, my dad makes a comment of how Bono looks high. He's just used to crap singers who can't get into their songs. :tsk:

in the world of rock and roll and celebrity i think drugs just come with the territory.

they're not saints, they're only human. i'm sure they've all done a bit of everything, i doubt heroin though..

but the thing is, whatever they've done, they've never gone overboard. that is why they've had a successful 30 year career.

I swear there was a Rolling Stone cover story back in the late 80s where Bono smokes hash during the interview.

MrBrau1 said:
but drugs are totally cool. The best music was made by people who were addicts.

I do hope this is just sarcasm and not stupidity.

And which "best music made by addicts" are you referring to? Are any of them still alive?

david said:
in the world of rock and roll and celebrity i think drugs just come with the territory.

they're not saints, they're only human. i'm sure they've all done a bit of everything, i doubt heroin though..

but the thing is, whatever they've done, they've never gone overboard. that is why they've had a successful 30 year career.

Sums up my thoughts exactly :up:

The greatest minds of all time and artists used drugs.

Its no big taboo in music though.

Well said David.

I wonder what these say bout drugs ...

nrc-ibs_astrocytes-lr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom